The Education Forum

Berbatov.

Guest Stephen Turner

Guest Stephen Turner

Whats your take on this guy? Great form last season with over twenty goals, and probably as many assists, yet he looks a completely different player this year, off form, disinterested and with a chip on his shoulder. Was Man Utd's interest in him during the summer to blame? Or has the Jol travesty played its part. Personally, I think he is a bit of a big time Charlie, and will not do well when the chips are down whatever club he is playing for, if that is the case he can kiss goodbye to any thoughts of turning out at Old Trafford. Fergie only likes 100% tryers.

Guest Gary Loughran
Whats your take on this guy? Great form last season with over twenty goals, and probably as many assists, yet he looks a completely different player this year, off form, disinterested and with a chip on his shoulder. Was Man Utd's interest in him during the summer to blame? Or has the Jol travesty played its part. Personally, I think he is a bit of a big time Charlie, and will not do well when the chips are down whatever club he is playing for, if that is the case he can kiss goodbye to any thoughts of turning out at Old Trafford. Fergie only likes 100% tryers.

Hi Stephen,

I think you've pretty much nailed him. Good player and strop merchant perhaps?

Jol said recently that Berbatov wasn't a man who'd give 100% all the time. A shame, as he had moments of brilliance last season.

It didn't help, I suppose, that Comolli (sp?) brought in Bent during the summer and Defoe was making noises as well about not playing enough.

I wonder, though, how hard Ferguson really tried.

Gary

Guest Stephen Turner

Hi Stephen,

Jol said recently that Berbatov wasn't a man who'd give 100% all the time. A shame, as he had moments of brilliance last season.

It didn't help, I suppose, that Comolli (sp?) brought in Bent during the summer and Defoe was making noises as well about not playing enough.

I wonder, though, how hard Ferguson really tried.

Gary

Gary, I think Ferguson was serious, at the right price, before Mr Tevez hove into view. The right price being about £20 million, rather than the daft sums Tottenham were asking. Still, its his own fault, he turned United down to join Spurs because he didn't fancy keeping the bench warm.

Hi Stephen,

Berbatov is clearly a very talented player. However, his body language gives the impression that he does not care too much. Note the way he responded to his goal in Israel last night. I doubt if Ferguson will buy him. He will only harm the club. Why upset your other strikers when they are playing so well. I hope Liverpool buys him.

Guest Stephen Turner

Hi Stephen,

Berbatov is clearly a very talented player. However, his body language gives the impression that he does not care too much. Note the way he responded to his goal in Israel last night. I doubt if Ferguson will buy him. He will only harm the club. Why upset your other strikers when they are playing so well. I hope Liverpool buys him.

He reminds me a bit of Frank Worthington (minus the Jokes) another wonderfully talented player, who never the less always gave the impression he would rather have been an Elvis impersonator.