The Education Forum

Brothers by David Talbot

Jack White -- I was reading the Gary Mack-Olberman thread and you said you didn't want to buy a book Mack is selling, particularly Brothers by David Talbot. Let me tell you it's well worth it. The book shows how alone Kennedy was in his administration because his Military Joint Chiefs of Staff wanted to bomb Cuba and then invade it. Had they done this, we'd all be dead.

I remember there was a thread here about Brothers, but I doubt I'll ever find it with the lousy search engine. Terry Mauro sent me a copy of the book for which I'm eternally grateful. Brothers shows you what John Kennedy was up against as President. How he had to deal with Curtis LeMay and his other Military Chiefs who hated him. The part about the Cuban Missile Crisis is spellbinding and shocking, to such a degree I believe LeMay was behind the assassination. I think the military ordered it and planned it in minute detail. Kennedy had no friends in his administration. LeMay wanted to bomb Cuba and invade it. Kennedy said the Russians would strike back and then that's the end of the world.

Kennedy also feared that the Military Chiefs would strike Cuba without his knowledge. He had big enemies -- the Military-Industrial Complex, Big Business (US Steel, Bell Helicopter), the richest families ever, especially from Texas, the Cuban Exiles, the CIA and the Mafia.

The book is quite an eye-opener.

Kathy

Jack White -- I was reading the Gary Mack-Olberman thread and you said you didn't want to buy a book Mack is selling, particularly Brothers by David Talbot. Let me tell you it's well worth it. The book shows how alone Kennedy was in his administration because his Military Joint Chiefs of Staff wanted to bomb Cuba and then invade it. Had they done this, we'd all be dead.

I remember there was a thread here about Brothers, but I doubt I'll ever find it with the lousy search engine. Terry Mauro sent me a copy of the book for which I'm eternally grateful. Brothers shows you what John Kennedy was up against as President. How he had to deal with Curtis LeMay and his other Military Chiefs who hated him. The part about the Cuban Missile Crisis is spellbinding and shocking, to such a degree I believe LeMay was behind the assassination. I think the military ordered it and planned it in minute detail. Kennedy had no friends in his administration. LeMay wanted to bomb Cuba and invade it. Kennedy said the Russians would strike back and then that's the end of the world.

Kennedy also feared that the Military Chiefs would strike Cuba without his knowledge. He had big enemies -- the Military-Industrial Complex, Big Business (US Steel, Bell Helicopter), the richest families ever, especially from Texas, the Cuban Exiles, the CIA and the Mafia.

Kathy

Kathy...you have misquoted me regarding the Talbot book. What I said was that if the Sixth

Floor museum store sells it, IT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE "ESTABLISHMENT". That is, they

only sell NON-CONTROVERSIAL NON-CONSPIRACY BOOKS. I did not say it was not a good book.

Please quote me correctly. I would not condemn a book I have never seen.

Jack

Kathy

Here is the link:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...amp;hl=brothers

That book is seen almost as soon as you walk into the Museum bookstore. I purchased it there, along with "Pictures of the Pain", another excellent book (if nothing else for the photos alone). It is one of the most heavily resourced books on this Forum.

There was a book out over 10 years ago. I saw it in a bookstore. I think it was called The Photographic Record of the Assassination of Presiden John F. Kennedy. Me being me, I looked to see if Karyn Kupcinet was mentioned. She was. They had photos of every person remotely connected to the Assassination. But whose picture wasn't there? Her's. Even though she was a member of AFTRA and possibly SAG Acting unions, they couldn't find a picture of her?

Thanks for the linky-dink.

Kathy Collins

Kathy

Kathy...you have misquoted me regarding the Talbot book. What I said was that if the Sixth

Floor museum store sells it, IT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE "ESTABLISHMENT". That is, they

only sell NON-CONTROVERSIAL NON-CONSPIRACY BOOKS. I did not say it was not a good book.

Jack

Kathy, NOW you know that the above is not true. If you think Brothers is a conspiracy book (and I do) then, see, they DO sell conspiracy books at the 6th Floor Museum Bookstore!!!

Hi Kathy:

Well apparently, perhaps Gary does not consider "Brothers" to be a conspiracy book......

He has never referred that they sell, such as Weisberg's, which have been reprinted and are available, nor any of Penn Jones, nor Prouty,

Dr.J.Fetzer's, has he Meager's I forget...as well as others....But has recommended such a Posner's, that has been sold there for some years..

which is the sorriest book ever written on the assassination, with all it's lies, no other word to call them..

Gary has told me and another, in an email a few years back, that he reads the books and then recommends them to the books store, or not..

There have been many in that not pile...and before I am asked yes I do have the email.....

So what it comes down to is what Gary recommends and thinks about a book...

B....

Edited by Bernice Moore

Kathy

Jack

Kathy, NOW you know that the above is not true. If you think Brothers is a conspiracy book (and I do) then, see, they DO sell conspiracy books at the 6th Floor Museum Bookstore!!!

Hi Kathy:

Well apparently, perhaps Gary does not consider "Brothers" to be a conspiracy book......

He has never referred that they sell, such as Weisberg's, which have been reprinted and are available, nor any of Penn Jones, nor Prouty,

Dr.J.Fetzer's, has he Meager's I forget...as well as others....But has recommended such a Posner's, that has been sold there for some years..

which is the sorriest book ever written on the assassination, with all it's lies, no other word to call them..

Gary has told me and another, in an email a few years back, that he reads the books and then recommends them to the books store, or not..

There have been many in that not pile...and before I am asked yes I do have the email.....

B....

So how can we trust a book if it's peddled in Mack's sham shack?

Kathy

Jack

Hi Kathy:

B....

So how can we trust a book if it's peddled in Mack's sham shack?

I have to find Jack's quote and read it again. I don't know if he or someone said the book was being sold at the 6th Floor monstrosity. Brothers is a great book. The sections about the Military brass make me think of Dr. Strangelove. Gore Vidal always says Kennedy was the worst president because he brought us closer to nuclear war than any other President. Read the book, Gore. It was his military advisors who wanted war. Kennedy did everything he could to keep them from bombing Cuba. And they were afraid they would do so behind his back.

It started out by Gary asking me if someone wanted to donate Harvey and Lee by John Armstrong. And it escalated from there. My impression was he wanted the book for the museum but not for sale. Then he came out and contradicted this. Confusion, as usual.

Since I have my 2 girls here, Myra and Bernice, I just want to say when I write about certain things, like Obama, if I come across gleeful, I don't mean to be. It might just be how I handle things. And I apologized on this forum for ridiculing Ed O'Hagen. Ed and I go back a few years when he was sending me altered photos of the Kennedys in the limo. I brought this up to my Admin at the time and he told me Ed was altering the pictures himself. When I said something negative to Ed, he wrote to me via email that now his work wasn't being accepted and all the years he spent on it, on and on, and I got so scared I thought he was going to commit suicide. So I championed him on the Forum and then Admin knew what was happening with these drawings he was sending me. It was unsettling to me. I thought he was a practical joker, spoofing those of us who believed in conspiracy. But Admin said no.

I know I'm not a heavyweight around here.

Kathy

Edited by Kathleen Collins