The Education Forum

US Missile shields in Eastern Europe

George Bush has used a charm offensive during the current NATO summit in Bucharest to gain approval for the missile defence deployments in Poland and the Czech Republic, it appears.

If it wasn't so serious it would be very funny. NATO (read the US) signing up former Warsaw Pact members. But NATO's original target was communism via the USSR. Now the big threats are supposedly Iran and North Korea (read Iran). And 'terrist threats' (insert any name the US wishes to mention).

It's perfect. The little fish each get a bag of lollies and the US makes billions through another masterpiece of weapons technology marketing. It's clear the US, as it stands today, needs war, or the threat of war, in order to survive. It needs to start a war, cause a war, fund a war and or supply arms for war. America is structurally incapable of participating in an environment of substantive global peace. WW2 ended 63 years ago but the US has never stopped fighting wars and it seems it never will, until its inevitable demise, which will probably take a good chunk of modern civilisation with it.

Edited by Mark Stapleton

George Bush has used a charm offensive during the current NATO summit in Bucharest to gain approval for the missile defence deployments in Poland and the Czech Republic, it appears.

If it wasn't so serious it would be very funny. NATO (read the US) signing up former Warsaw Pact members. But NATO's original target was communism via the USSR. Now the big threats are supposedly Iran and North Korea (read Iran). And 'terrist threats' (insert any name the US wishes to mention).

It's perfect. The little fish each get a bag of lollies and the US makes billions through another masterpiece of weapons technology marketing. It's clear the US, as it stands today, needs war, or the threat of war, in order to survive. It needs to start a war, cause a war, fund a war and or supply arms for war. America is structurally incapable of participating in an environment of substantive global peace. WW2 ended 63 years ago but the US has never stopped fighting wars and it seems it never will, until its inevitable demise, which will probably take a good chunk of modern civilisation with it.

It appears ... and I say 'appears' to me because I am not well schooled in economics but have read many contemporary articles, that the US economic system is indeed dependent upon war. Of course, with peaking resources, geopolitical strategies of resource and economic control, desires for hegemony and perhaps the delusional belief in their own contrived 'islamofacsist' vs whatever meme, our rulers continue onward. Frankly, if the US demise would take a good portion of the elites along with it I'd.... but unfortunately, it probably will not. My suspicion is that it will simply solidify the two percent of elites at the top and the remaining bits of humanity at the bottom. Endlessly enslaved. Bio-chipped, surveilled electronically, molded into a complacent worker-bee class. The thousand-year Reich realized.

Insofar as the 'elites' or whatever you might call them, appear determined to gain complete control (at the expense and death of the peons below), I cannot help but wish the same upon them. Looking back to the reign of terror, at least the portion involving the royalty... can't see that I have much sympathy for them. With respect to today's royalty... you know, the folks who 'make' wars. Who profit from wars. Who manage wars. I guess I'd have to say that I'd pull their ropes. If that makes me as bad as them... no, it would be impossible to be as bad as them... but if it led to a mass of bad karma.... I guess I'd have to say, c'est la guerre.

I'll put my gloves on.

To paraphrase King Bush I, "America's example is the one to which the world expires."

Iran might have the answer. The rest of the world should take note:

http://www.infowars.net/articles/april2008/080408Iran.htm

Iran proposes missile shield against U.S., Israel

RIA Novosti

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Iran's defense minister said on Monday the world needs a missile shield to protect against threats from Israel and the United States.

Tehran has joined Russia in opposing U.S. plans to deploy elements of its missile defense system in Central Europe to counter possible strikes from "rogue states," specifically Iran.

"If the world needs an anti-missile shield, it must be used to counter missiles and the nuclear menace coming from the U.S. and Israel, which directly or indirectly threaten different countries with aggression and war," Mostafa Mohammad Najjar said.

(Article continues below)

The minister said U.S. claims that the European missile shield would defend against Iran's missiles were nothing but a sham.

"Our country's missile arsenal is purely defense-oriented and is only a threat to aggressors," the minister said.

Washington plans to deploy interceptor missiles in Poland in addition to installing radars in the Czech Republic. The ten missiles in Poland could be placed on duty by 2013.

Najjar said Tehran was open to cooperation with every country except Israel, which Iran does not recognize, to ensure stability and security in the Middle East.

Edited by Mark Stapleton