The Education Forum

Potentially explosive?

I've been working my way through the Dallas DA's online documents.

In Group 4, pdf 37, there is a search warrant for Jack Ruby's apartment. There's a letter to Al Sharpe of the AGVA, a brochure on how to use the twist board, a memo from Tom Palmer, Dallas Branch Manager of the AGVA, etc.

At the tail end of pdf 37, there is a blank "While You Were Out" telephone message form. Written on the back side of that telephone message slip is a handwritten note that says,

"Complaint of Lee Harvey Oswald."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...docs1/jfk37.pdf

There is nothing to prove that the telephone message slip belonged to Jack Ruby, but the fact that it is included in a list of Ruby's possessions is significant, I think.

Steve Thomas

I've been working my way through the Dallas DA's online documents.

In Group 4, pdf 37, there is a search warrant for Jack Ruby's apartment. There's a letter to Al Sharpe of the AGVA, a brochure on how to use the twist board, a memo from Tom Palmer, Dallas Branch Manager of the AGVA, etc.

At the tail end of pdf 37, there is a blank "While You Were Out" telephone message form. Written on the back side of that telephone message slip is a handwritten note that says,

"Complaint of Lee Harvey Oswald."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...docs1/jfk37.pdf

There is nothing to prove that the telephone message slip belonged to Jack Ruby, but the fact that it is included in a list of Ruby's possessions is significant, I think.

Steve Thomas

Great job by yourself and others with this important cache of materials. Could that complaint be "...what is my position in this?" LHO's note to Hoisty pre assassination? Is the handwritting familiar? Ruby's? Hoisty's? Ruth Paine?

Frank,

Is the handwritting familiar? Ruby's? Hoisty's? Ruth Paine?

I compared the handwriting to the letter Ruby wrote to Al Sharpe in the same pdf file and I don't think it's Ruby's. (The letter C in the word Chicago is different than the C in the word Complaint.) I'd like to compare it to a sample of Henry Wade's writing, and also Larry Crafard's.

Oh, and the link I provided is a broken one. This one should work: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...docs1/jfk37.pdf

Steve Thomas

I compared the handwriting to the letter Ruby wrote to Al Sharpe in the same pdf file and I don't think it's Ruby's. (The letter C in the word Chicago is different than the C in the word Complaint.) I'd like to compare it to a sample of Henry Wade's writing, and also Larry Crafard's.

Steve Thomas

In the DA's files, Group 63 has several handwritten notes from Wade (pdfs 13, 15 and 21)

I also looked at a Crafard exhibit in the Warren Commission Hearings and Exhibits (volume 19). It's a handwritten letter from Crafard to someone named, Gail.

I don't think the handwriting is either Wade's or Crafard's.

Steve Thomas