The Education Forum

Michelle Obama

It seems that the right-wing media in the US is targeting Michelle Obama in an attempt to get John McCain elected. One thing they are claiming is that the "fist bump" she gave Barack on the night of his victory in the presidential primaries (placing her clenched fist against his) was a secret terrorist handshake.

Apparently, Fox News has been repeatedly showing her speech in February when she said "for the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country". They always omitt what she went on to say: "... because I think people are hungry for change."

Rush Limbaugh has been spreading rumours for some time about Michelle Obama ranting against "whitey" at the pulpit of her former church in Chicago.

She has been appearing on television and radio giving interviews where she has been defending her comments. That she has argued that the fact that despite being born to working-class parents she attended Princeton. Something, she claims that could only have been possible in America. This must have made people in Europe smile as people from extremely poor backgrounds have been attending our top universities for over 80 years. I suppose even the Obama's have to play the "America is best" card.