The Education Forum

I wrote two Boston Legal spec scripts about the JFK assassination

Basically the A-story in both is (I tried to write it as comedic as possible) that a guy kills an Oswald-did-it-alone author and then pleads not guilty based on self defense of the United States of America. James Spader defends Edgar Brown for killing LN author Paul Nolan who has his new book "I did it alone" out. Of course this might sound a bit extreme but as you should know Boston Legal is a dramedy which means it's part comedy. So it's usually 1/3 comedy 1/3 nonsense and 1/3 drama. And I guess the most important thing about this case is that nobody gets off the hook easily. CT's won't get a free pass. Otherwise there's no drama and it's just one-sided ranting. I would say it had some kind of a pen vs sword theme. I also tried to address the selling of a single killing vs. selling a war theme.

It took me a bit more than two weeks to start from scratch and to finish two scripts. Emotionally the writing experience was rather draining and my next project will be probably be something like a comedy movie screenplay. But it was also fun to see what I could do.

Unfortunately Boston Legal's 5th season is probably its last and it may go on only for 13 episodes. So it might be a bit late to pitch to DEK productions. I don't know. Maybe miracles could still happen.

For copyright reasons I think I can't post my scripts online but I guess if one wants to read and make factual corrections then I can send you a copy. It would help if you are regular Boston Legal "fan".

I've heard that nobody writes good first scripts so you have to take that into consideration. At least my best buddy liked the tree hugging and poker-storylines a lot.

Edited by ville huoponen

Basically the A-story in both is (I tried to write it as comedic as possible) that a guy kills an Oswald-did-it-alone author and then pleads not guilty based on self defense of the United States of America. James Spader defends Edgar Brown for killing LN author Paul Nolan who has his new book "I did it alone" out. Of course this might sound a bit extreme but as you should know Boston Legal is a dramedy which means it's part comedy. So it's usually 1/3 comedy 1/3 nonsense and 1/3 drama. And I guess the most important thing about this case is that nobody gets off the hook easily. CT's won't get a free pass. Otherwise there's no drama and it's just one-sided ranting. I would say it had some kind of a pen vs sword theme. I also tried to address the selling of a single killing vs. selling a war theme.

It took me a bit more than two weeks to start from scratch and to finish two scripts. Emotionally the writing experience was rather draining and my next project will be probably be something like a comedy movie screenplay. But it was also fun to see what I could do.

Unfortunately Boston Legal's 5th season is probably its last and it may go on only for 13 episodes. So it might be a bit late to pitch to DEK productions. I don't know. Maybe miracles could still happen.

For copyright reasons I think I can't post my scripts online but I guess if one wants to read and make factual corrections then I can send you a copy. It would help if you are regular Boston Legal "fan".

I've heard that nobody writes good first scripts so you have to take that into consideration. At least my best buddy liked the tree hugging and poker-storylines a lot.

Ville,

good luck with the scripts. Hope at least one of them gets accepted - they sound like a lot of fun, and perhaps with a message if people want to look deeper.

Careful though, that McAdams doesn't sue B)

• 4 weeks later...