The Education Forum

Department of Energy Chemtrail website found! (ARM)

The website is...

http://www.arm.gov/about/

Quotation from the website about the mission of the program:

An intensive cloud and aerosol observing system obtained airborne measurements during the Indirect and Semi-Direct Aerosol Campaign (ISDAC) at the ACRF North Slope of Alaska locale in April 2008. Taking place during the International Polar Year, many ancillary observing systems collected data to allow synergistic interpretation of ISDAC data. This period also provides an important contrast with the October 2004 Mixed-Phase Arctic Cloud Experiment (M-PACE). Cloud property measurements obtained during ISDAC can be used to evaluate cloud simulations and evaluate cloud retrievals from M-PACE, and the aerosol measurements can be used to evaluate the aerosol retrievals. By running the cloud models with and without solar absorption by the aerosols, scientists can determine the semi-direct effect of aerosols on clouds.

The Atmospheric Radiation Measurement (ARM) Program was created in 1989 with funding from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). Sponsored by DOE's Office of Science and managed by the Office of Biological and Environmental Research, ARM is a multi-laboratory, interagency program, and is a key contributor to national and international research efforts related to global climate change. A primary objective of the program is improved scientific understanding of the fundamental physics related to interactions between clouds and radiative feedback processes in the atmosphere. ARM focuses on obtaining continuous field measurements and providing data products that promote the advancement of climate models.

Jack

Edited by Jack White

The website is...

http://www.arm.gov/about/

Quotation from the website about the mission of the program:

An intensive cloud and aerosol observing system obtained airborne measurements during the Indirect and Semi-Direct Aerosol Campaign (ISDAC) at the ACRF North Slope of Alaska locale in April 2008. Taking place during the International Polar Year, many ancillary observing systems collected data to allow synergistic interpretation of ISDAC data. This period also provides an important contrast with the October 2004 Mixed-Phase Arctic Cloud Experiment (M-PACE). Cloud property measurements obtained during ISDAC can be used to evaluate cloud simulations and evaluate cloud retrievals from M-PACE, and the aerosol measurements can be used to evaluate the aerosol retrievals. By running the cloud models with and without solar absorption by the aerosols, scientists can determine the semi-direct effect of aerosols on clouds.

The Atmospheric Radiation Measurement (ARM) Program was created in 1989 with funding from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). Sponsored by DOE's Office of Science and managed by the Office of Biological and Environmental Research, ARM is a multi-laboratory, interagency program, and is a key contributor to national and international research efforts related to global climate change. A primary objective of the program is improved scientific understanding of the fundamental physics related to interactions between clouds and radiative feedback processes in the atmosphere. ARM focuses on obtaining continuous field measurements and providing data products that promote the advancement of climate models.

Jack

(Bolding mine)

Oh no! How dare they OBSERVE the effects of aerosols to better understand the environment and climate change! I see nothing about a massive program to release aerosols into the environment. What is wrong with OBSERVING what is already there? Or do you not believe there are other sources of aerosols? (pollution, volcanic, in addition to car and airplane exhaust) Where is the sinister massive program the "chemtrail" believers say exists?

Here is their page on capabilities

http://www.arm.gov/acrf/capabilities.stm

Still more stuff on observing and measuring? How dare they try to learn? String them up!

I want to believe you here but the more I review that site, the more I see that it really has nothing to do with the proposed "chemtrail" conspiracy. I do however see that they have taken samples of airborne aerosols "in situ", something that "chemtrail" believers still have yet to do. Why is that again?

Edited by Matthew Lewis

By running the cloud models with and without solar absorption by the aerosols, scientists can determine the semi-direct effect of aerosols on clouds.

Sounds like a computer simulation. Any evidence it is not?

CHEMTRAILS = aerosols.

Persistent or nonpersistent contrails are also aerosols. As are volcanic ashes, industrial pollution and even dust kicked up in sand storms. Again, where do they say anywhere that they are purposely spraying or spreading anything? The website repeatedly mentions "observing". Can you show ANYWHERE on that site where they say they are spraying anything especially on the scale proposed? I think you're seeing what you want to see and unfortunately there is no evidence on that site for your mythical "chemtrails". That is a nice picture of contrails though. Very pretty. Oh, and the hostility in your reply is noted. It is sad that you can't seem to reply without it.

Edited by Matthew Lewis