The Education Forum

MOST-ER IMPORTANT

Evan Burton has created and then immediately closed a thread, "MOST IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ, All Forum Members Please Read," which he uses to express the end of his tolerance for "personal insults." Why? So that he can "get people back on track."

He then locks this "most important" thread.

Dear moderators, putting aside issues relating to egomania and the courage of one's convictions raised by Mr. Burton's latest contribution to civil discourse, a question occurs: Does the term "abuse of power" ring a bell?

Charles

Evan Burton has created and then immediately closed a thread, "MOST IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ, All Forum Members Please Read," which he uses to express the end of his tolerance for "personal insults." Why? So that he can "get people back on track."

He then locks this "most important" thread.

Seems sensible to me, he presumably didn’t want to create yet another ring in the circus some members seem intent on transforming the forum into. Education even when limiting it to formal education can apply to everything from nursery school to post doctoral seminars but I doubt John and Andy had infantile behavior reminiscent of Romper Room in mind when they set up this forum.

Your real beef I imagine is that Evan cut you off from further flaunting the rules here, you however opened yourself up to that with your admission you were violating them.

Dear moderators, putting aside issues relating to egomania

Quite ironic you would accuse someone else of being an egomaniac. I`ve gotten a couple of PM`s and e-mails from members who are CT`s regarding the assassination and they seem to concur that that very word aptly describes you.

a question occurs: Does the term "abuse of power" ring a bell?

No

Edited by Len Colby