The Education Forum

UK Dealey Plaza Echo available at Mary Ferrell website

Pamela Brown

Here's a link to an article on the Presidential Limousine from July, 1999

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...bsPageId=388774

Great article!!

In resetting your original, I presume, someone mucked up the math on page 2, including the callout: "Without passengers, the car weighed 7800 pounds, or about 4.43 tons." Knowing a ton to be 2000 lbs., it either weighed 3.9 tons, or 8860 lbs.

On page 3, it says that "we must remember that X-100 weighed over 8000 pounds (over four and a half tons including a driver and five passengers)." If an "average" person is 150 lbs., that's 900 lbs. of people, putting its "loaded" weight at somewhere between 8700 lbs. (not quite four and a half tons) and 9760 lbs. (4.88 tons).

Can you clarify this apparent discrepancy?

Also, I've heard something to the effect that one of the standers-by at Parkland was identified and contacted, and told his perspective of the "bucket incident" regarding the "washing" of the limo. I don't know if this will be a part of the November broadcast or not.

Great article!!

In resetting your original, I presume, someone mucked up the math on page 2, including the callout: "Without passengers, the car weighed 7800 pounds, or about 4.43 tons." Knowing a ton to be 2000 lbs., it either weighed 3.9 tons, or 8860 lbs.

On page 3, it says that "we must remember that X-100 weighed over 8000 pounds (over four and a half tons including a driver and five passengers)." If an "average" person is 150 lbs., that's 900 lbs. of people, putting its "loaded" weight at somewhere between 8700 lbs. (not quite four and a half tons) and 9760 lbs. (4.88 tons).

Can you clarify this apparent discrepancy?

You're right. There are issues with the data used. The basic fact is that this was a heavy automobile, 7800 lbs. without people.

Also, I've heard something to the effect that one of the standers-by at Parkland was identified and contacted, and told his perspective of the "bucket incident" regarding the "washing" of the limo. I don't know if this will be a part of the November broadcast or not.

Could be. Let's wait and see.