The Education Forum

Earl Fenton: CIA Agent

John Simkin

I am producing a page on Earl Fenton and would appreciate any information you might have on him.

Christine Keeler met Earl Fenton, at a New Year party. Keeler claims that he was working for the CIA. According to Mandy Rice-Davies, Fenton was a screen-writer who introduced her to Robert Mitchum. The following month Fenton contacted Keeler. According to her account: "Stephen had been telling him lies, feeding him false information and indicating that I was spying for the Russians because of my love for Eugene. The message was to leave the country, say nothing about anything I might have seen or heard."

As you can see, Earl Fenton did very little work in Hollywood:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0272037/

I am producing a page on Earl Fenton and would appreciate any information you might have on him.

Christine Keeler met Earl Fenton, at a New Year party. Keeler claims that he was working for the CIA. According to Mandy Rice-Davies, Fenton was a screen-writer who introduced her to Robert Mitchum. The following month Fenton contacted Keeler. According to her account: "Stephen had been telling him lies, feeding him false information and indicating that I was spying for the Russians because of my love for Eugene. The message was to leave the country, say nothing about anything I might have seen or heard."

As you can see, Earl Fenton did very little work in Hollywood:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0272037/

If, it is the same person, during his Hollywood career, he also managed to find the time to write the screenplay for the following epic.

The Narrow Margin (1952), d. Richard Fleischer, RKO, 70 min., b&w, sc. Earl Fenton, from a story by Martin Goldsmith and Jack Leonard, ph. George E. Diskant, m. Source, v. Nostalgia Merchant.

Source From

Noir, Now and Then: Film Noir Originals and Remakes, (1944-1999)

Contributions to the Study of Popular Culture, 0198-9871 ; No. 72

by Schwartz, Ronald.

Publication: Westport, CT Greenwood Press, 2001.

Earl was a real workaholic, the above is a testament to some pretty prolific work........facetiously speaking of course.

John, Is it true that without Saturnalia, there would be no Boxing Day?