The Education Forum

Richard Nixon, George Bush and the Kennedy Assassination

Pat Speer

Darrell Curtis emailed me this article from The Realist Archive and asked me to post this on the forum. It is the link to a 1991 article by Paul Kangas on the Nixon/Bush ties to the assassination. He said he tried to become a member but that membership is closed. Enjoy.

http://www.ep.tc/realist/117/

Edited by Pat Speer

Darrell Curtis emailed me this article from The Realist Archive and asked me to post this on the forum. It is the link to a 1991 article by Paul Kangas on the Nixon/Bush ties to the assassination. He said he tried to become a member but that membership is closed. Enjoy.

Thanks for the info, Pat. I believe that the only folks who got a greater pass on their involvement in the assassination than the Secret Service, were Bush and Nixon. But I do not fault the Secret Service since, as a military style organization, they were only following orders.

Nixon, Bush and Johnson, on the other hand, were individuals who could have done something about this; and chose not to.

If he sends me a photograph and biography he can become a member.

Wow that was an embarrassingly bad article. Kangas made stupid errors like saying “Preston Bush is credited with creating the winning ticket of Eisenhower Nixon in 1950”“Richard Nixon was Vice President from 1956 until 1960” and that Nixon ran for president in 1959. [pg 1, column 3]

Worse was his claim that JFK was not informed about the BOP till “4 a.m. just two hours before the invasion was set to go” [pg 7, column 2]

This is of course completely false JFK was informed about it as president-elect and made changes to for example his cabinet even decided to change the landing site in March 1961. IF one believes Allen Dulles he was told about it as early as July 1960.

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/bayofpigs/chron.html

Another erroneous claim was that “Several of the Cubans he [bush] was supervising as dirty-tricks teams for Nixon were photographed in the Zapruder film” he provide no citation for his claim “Bush had been supervisor for the secret Cuban teams headed by former Cuban police commander Felix Rodriguez” [pg 1, column 1].

He also seems to have fabricated or used a fabricated quote. He claimed Frank Sturgis “stated” in a May 7, 1977, San Francisco Chronicle interview “the reason we burglarized the Watergate was because Nixon was interested in stopping news leaking relating to the photos of our role in the assassination of President John Kennedy.” [pg7.column 1]

Obviously IF Sturgis had really said such a thing it would be well known, but I could only find reference to it on internet forums all which seem to be citing Kangas. I couldn’t find any other reference to Chronicle Sturgis interview on May 7. John Simkin however posted something very different from that paper a few days earlier

San Francisco Chronicle (5th May, 1977)

Watergate burglar Frank Sturgis said yesterday the CIA planned the break-in because high officials felt the then-President Nixon was becoming too powerful and was overly interested in the assassination of President Kennedy.

Sturgis also said he believes "Deep Throat" - a major source for Washington Post reporters Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward - was Robert Bennett, a partner in a CIA-front public relations firm in Washington. Bennett, a son of former Senator Wallace Bennett (Rep-Utah), is employed by the Summa Corp., part of the empire of the late Howard Hughes. Hughes was a major client of Mullen Corp., Bennett's old firm.

Sturgis was convicted in the break-in at Democratic headquarters. He said Bennett - on orders from then-CIA Director Richard Helms - was fed information by Alexander Haig, Nixon's chief of staff; Alexander Butterfield, who disclosed the existence of Nixon's taping system; and Watergate burglar Howard Hunt.

I was able to find a similar but longer UPI article via Google News

http://digitalnewspapers.libraries.psu.edu...ntityId=Ar01502

Unfortunately the SF Chronicle’s archives only go back to 1995 and I was unable to find any hits in other newspaper archives to May 1977 articles in it mentioning Sturgis. It makes no sense that Sturgis would have made such contradictory claims 3 days apart and if he had done so each would negate the credibility of the other.

Those were only a few of the false/questionable/undocumented claims he made. Is there any independant confirmation to his claims (made elsewhere) that he used to be one of JFK’s guards? He seems to be a fraud, an idiot or both.