The Education Forum

Wikipedia Conspiracy

John Simkin

LOL! How long will it last? Can you give detail about the 'undermining'?

These are freelance artists who have had entries on themselves deleted. Wikipedia also deleted the entry on me and my Spartacus website. I don't know who did the original entries but it wasn't me. Maybe, it was deleted because I am not important enough. However, as a conspiracy theorist, I suspect it was because I established my Spartacus free encyclopaedia three years before Wikipedia (September 1997 compared to March, 2000).

My artist friend Fred has a different view of what happens: "John - a simple explanation is that most of the moderation/policing is done by people living in North America, and they tend to be quite parochial - they don't consider anything happening beyond their shores as 'notable'!! I'm surprised The Beatles got an entry!"

Yes that is hilarious. I doubt it will survive long but apparently the park is a real place John's friends just got a little 'creative' with their descriptions.

John,

Why did they choose this page?

Edited by Len Colby

Yes that is hilarious. I doubt it will survive long but apparently the park is a real place John's friends just got a little 'creative' with their descriptions.

John,

Why did they choose this page?

I don't know. Maybe they have been upset by the Milky Way Park as well as Wikipedia.