The Education Forum

Impeaching Altgens 8

Jack White

Let's hear no more arguments that "Altgens 8" is genuine.

The shadows know.

Jack

Mrs (HESTER) seems to be looking down on the right hand side which is not how she appears on the left.,...Are these definitely the same instant ?

I did not use the word "instant". It is certainly the same moment, but not necessarily the same INSTANT. Plus

it is from a different viewpoint, making exact time comparison impossible. Thanks.

The shadows know.

Jack

Mrs (HESTER) seems to be looking down on the right hand side which is not how she appears on the left.,...Are these definitely the same instant ?

I did not use the word "instant". It is certainly the same moment, but not necessarily the same INSTANT. Plus

it is from a different viewpoint, making exact time comparison impossible. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply Jack. Much appreciated.

Is it possible top post the full right hand side of the study from the Wiegman frame please ?

The angle of the right hand side view is higher and to the right so the shadow of the pergola windows moves with it to appear not to be too out of kilter it would seem. Points a,b and c move to the right and down because of the change of viewpoint it would appear to me..

The shadows know.

Jack

Jack,

You've mapped the pergola bays incorrectly. The correct bay is one over as seen in the Wiegman film.

I've added d and e to complete the picture.

Jerry

post-667-1265683252.png

Weigman01.png

Edited by Jerry Logan

Something is wrong with EDIT TEXT. Each time I edit, the edit changes the text in

the wrong posting. I did it four times and finally gave up. I could not get the correct

text with the correct attachment. I would think I am doing something wrong, but if

so I did it wrong four time before giving up.

Jack

Is that a bit of x over Zapruders left shoulder?

I'm not sure where Jack is on this since he seemed to have some trouble with the text editor.

However, a larger frame from Wiegman gives us a more complete picture of the pattern we're looking for.

And we can see again that it's a repeat of the original problem - miscounting the pergola bays.

We're looking for a partially shaded front column with a slanted shadow line, next to a full sun front column.

That's easy to locate. The confusion is being caused by the fact that Wiegman's perspective moves the rear columns dramatically to the right relative to the front columns.

At the same time, Altgens perspective moves the rear columns to the left relative to the front columns.

So in Wiegman, the rear column associated with a particular front column appears to the right of the front column. While in Altgens, the rear column associated with a particular front column appears to the left of the front column. It's really confusing at first, but once you see the system it's easy to locate the shadow patterns, they're just one bay over from where they look like they ought to be.

We see the X1 and X slanted shadow pattern on the rear PS column while Y and Z are hidden by the pedestal, Zapruder and Seitzman.

Although I think we may see a little of Z peeking through their shoes in the Altgens photo.

Wiegman2.png

Jack.png

Edited by Jerry Logan

I think you're spot on Jerry, you've got a natural sense of the spatial. It took a while to get your past post on this but once I got it, I can't fault it.

I think you're spot on Jerry, you've got a natural sense of the spatial. It took a while to get your past post on this but once I got it, I can't fault it.

John,

Thanks for taking the time to fight through it. It was as hard to write as it is to understand.

It's a real exercise in perspective transformations since you're looking at a 3D semi-circle from two opposite, acute angles.

Jack was right to raise the issue, it looks really odd at first glance.

Best to you,

Jerry

I'm not sure where Jack is on this since he seemed to have some trouble with the text editor.

However, a larger frame from Wiegman gives us a more complete picture of the pattern we're looking for.

And we can see again that it's a repeat of the original problem - miscounting the pergola bays.

We're looking for a partially shaded front column with a slanted shadow line, next to a full sun front column.

That's easy to locate. The confusion is being caused by the fact that Wiegman's perspective moves the rear columns dramatically to the right relative to the front columns.

At the same time, Altgens perspective moves the rear columns to the left relative to the front columns.

So in Wiegman, the rear column associated with a particular front column appears to the right of the front column. While in Altgens, the rear column associated with a particular front column appears to the left of the front column. It's really confusing at first, but once you see the system it's easy to locate the shadow patterns, they're just one bay over from where they look like they ought to be.

We see the X1 and X slanted shadow pattern on the rear PS column while Y and Z are hidden by the pedestal, Zapruder and Seitzman.

Although I think we may see a little of Z peeking through their shoes in the Altgens photo.

Wiegman2.png

Jack.png

VERY nice job, Jerry.