The Education Forum

For Tosh

Tosh, did you ever hear of a Donald O. Norton or meet someone by that name?

Thanks,

Kathy C

The short answer is NO. The long answer: However, I was asked about him some years ago in reference to a place near Marathon Key Florida, "Starlite Cruises", a fishing and boat cruise ran by Chubby Winer of Marathon. (before the hurricane Andrew) Don Norton was a name often used by the INTEL community as a drop name, one of many drop names used in various UC operations of the sixties. Paul Lee was another and Norton and Lee used to work out of the old Lowrey Air Force Base in Denver, Colorado around 1980. Paul Lee was active in the Iran-Contra affair. There was a Don Norton who was a pilot who worked with Chip Tatum and Bill Cooper and Buz Sawer during the early days of the contra resupply network. (Operation Enterprise and Supermarket) I am familiar with some saying Norton was Lee Oswald, but I do not buy that. As I have said Norton is a common name used in black operations of the CIA. At one time I used the name 'Buck Pearson"..., not Buck Parsons of BoP fame, as some have confused me with.

Thanks,

Kathy C

The short answer is NO. The long answer: However, I was asked about him some years ago in reference to a place near Marathon Key Florida, "Starlite Cruises", a fishing and boat cruise ran by Chubby Winer of Marathon. (before the hurricane Andrew) Don Norton was a name often used by the INTEL community as a drop name, one of many drop names used in various UC operations of the sixties. Paul Lee was another and Norton and Lee used to work out of the old Lowrey Air Force Base in Denver, Colorado around 1980. Paul Lee was active in the Iran-Contra affair. There was a Don Norton who was a pilot who worked with Chip Tatum and Bill Cooper and Buz Sawer during the early days of the contra resupply network. (Operation Enterprise and Supermarket) I am familiar with some saying Norton was Lee Oswald, but I do not buy that. As I have said Norton is a common name used in black operations of the CIA. At one time I used the name 'Buck Pearson"..., not Buck Parsons of BoP fame, as some have confused me with.

Was Chubby Winer a redhead? "Donald O. Norton" of Avon Park, FL was in the fishing and boating industries and he was chubby.

Thanks for responding. "Donald O. Norton" nearly drove me nuts.

Kathy C

Thanks,

Kathy C

Was Chubby Winer a redhead? "Donald O. Norton" of Avon Park, FL was in the fishing and boating industries and he was chubby.

Thanks for responding. "Donald O. Norton" nearly drove me nuts.

Kathy C

I can't remember for sure. I did meet him in Marathon Key a few months before Hurricane Andrew came through. (1990-91?) He told me an interesting story about a deputy Sheriff who had been killed down there some years before. It seems this officer was on a raid at a safe house of some Cubans near Marathon, who were involved in running guns into Cuba around 1963 and into the early 70's. I am not sure when this deputy was killed, but I think around the seventies. (Puto ??, I think was the deputy's name, or something like that.., hit by a car and killed--not sure if that is right) There was a name on a truck (not the truck who hit the deputy) that was used as a safe house transport. "We Have no Bananas, today", was on the side of the truck. Chubby knew who owned the truck or it was his truck. Besides the boat rental and the fishing cruises, Chubby had a part interest in the produce deliveries to local restaurant and the truck was used for those deliveries. Not sure if any of this means anything for you. Take care Tosh