The Education Forum

JOHN DOLVA M/C/SCOPE

''Mike, I'm not disputing that you are right. However. since hearing of the scope misalignment I've sought any data regarding this, and this strikes me as getting something. Having had this thought for some years but not the mterial to work with, I cannot say how accurate such a study in fact would be. I'd like to see it attempted though.''

JOHN THESE ARE THE PHOTOS THAT I POSTED AND DELETED IN THE OTHER THREAD RE THE SCOPE YOU HAVE MENTIONED...B FWTAW

Edited by Bernice Moore

''Mike, I'm not disputing that you are right. However. since hearing of the scope misalignment I've sought any data regarding this, and this strikes me as getting something. Having had this thought for some years but not the mterial to work with, I cannot say how accurate such a study in fact would be. I'd like to see it attempted though.''

JOHN THESE ARE THE PHOTOS THAT I POSTED AND DELETED IN THE OTHER THREAD RE THE SCOPE YOU HAVE MENTIONED...B FWTAW

B,

You never cease to amaze me. You know me and my obsession with the rifle and shooting event, and yet you procure photos I have never seen!

You are an asset to the community for sure, and I for one appreciate your abilities!

Mike

THESE ARE THE TWO PREVIOUS PHOTO POSTS...SHOWING THE SUPPOSED RE-ENACTMENT....

QUOTE (Jack White @ May 19 2010, 08:25 PM)

QUOTE (Bernice Moore @ May 19 2010, 08:05 PM)

QUOTE (Greg Burnham @ May 18 2010, 11:47 PM)

QUOTE (John Dolva @ May 18 2010, 08:39 PM)

Yes, thank you very much, Bernice. Note his left arm elbow to right of left knee, the leg of which appears twisted towards us, his shoulder behind the pipes, the rifle way in front. Basically he's contorting to avoid the pipes. Add the boxes, the box rest, lower the window to where it should be. Pretty snug. Is that the proper set up for a sniper to take that particular shot? (and for 8+ seconds not be on any photo, film)

Great observations, John! And, as to your question, IMO, the answer is unequivocally: NO!!!

YOUR WELCOME JOHN..THANKS FOR THE OBSERVATIONS, ESPECIALLY IN THE AREA OF THAT PIPE...I DELETED THE OTHER PHOTO, SO AS TO POST IT HERE UNDER YOUR COMMENTS SO OTHERS CAN RELATE...B PLEASE EXCUSE CAPS THXS

This photo was purposely printed in such a way to make it look like the gunman HAD PLENTY OF ROOM

in the corner. Attached is how it should really look, and where the corner is in the photo. I have simply

darkened the east wall. A person could not do this behind the shield of cartons.

Jack

Edited by Bernice Moore

B,

You never cease to amaze me. You know me and my obsession with the rifle and shooting event, and yet you procure photos I have never seen!

You are an asset to the community for sure, and I for one appreciate your abilities!

Mike

no i did not know you were obsessed :blink: but then i have noticed you do go on about it, we all have our favourite areas i imagine...pleased i had some you had not seen, these are not mine nor my work, they are the results of many in previous years who have posted and done their research within, i snaggle read borrow :tomatoes them and pack rat them away...for another day, I have always enjoyed the photos. and the research done within them...thanks b..

Edited by Bernice Moore

That's great Bernice, you are very much appreciated.

At the moment (as pointed out in the other topic) I don't have the resources to complete a study on these, but as I said in another post, the idea is out there, and now a lot of previously generally unseen photos as well. (Hopefully someone will complete a proper study at some point).

Thank you B, I'm grateful for you expressing your understanding.

Regards, John

JOHN YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN THIS SITE, LONG CONVERSATION ON SCOPES ETC RE RIFLE ALSO SOME PHOTOS, OF DUPLICATES OF THE RIFLE FROM COLLECTORS AS WELL AS A BRAND NEW SAME SCOPE BOUGHT IN 2009...AND THE RIFLE THAT WAS USED IN THE MAKING OF J.F.K THAT ONE OF THEM NOW OWNS....BELOW IS THE SAME SCOPE A PHOTO BOUGHT IN 2009 I BELIEVE...FWIW...B

Questions About Oswald Reproduction Build - Rifle / Mount / Scope / Sling

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php...unt-Scope-Sling

Edited by Bernice Moore

That's great, thank you Bernice. You may have noted over time that I like to try reproduction attempts working blind. Personally, at the moment, and these photos and links will prove valuable, I think the three frames of the rifle being carried down the corridor when suddenly one frame is very much overexposed as the camera lines up inside the field of view of the scope so it actually sees at that moment through the scope. Either side of this are two frames kinda stereoscopicthat first shows looking down the right of the rifle, then light projected by the scope overexposes the next frame and then a view down the left of the rifle. I hypothesise that some useful data can be derived from good versions of these frames. Naturally any other good qual pre shimmy photos, and measurements, would help.

That's great, thank you Bernice. You may have noted over time that I like to try reproduction attempts working blind. Personally, at the moment, and these photos and links will prove valuable, I think the three frames of the rifle being carried down the corridor when suddenly one frame is very much overexposed as the camera lines up inside the field of view of the scope so it actually sees at that moment through the scope. Either side of this are two frames kinda stereoscopicthat first shows looking down the right of the rifle, then light projected by the scope overexposes the next frame and then a view down the left of the rifle. I hypothesise that some useful data can be derived from good versions of these frames. Naturally any other good qual pre shimmy photos, and measurements, would help.

JOHN I RECALL THE FRAMES YOU MENTION, I HAVE BEEN DIGGING BUT OF COURSE NOT SO FAR, BUT I DO NOT RECALL, THE LIGHT BEING VIEWED THROUGH THE SCOPE, BUT MAY NOT HAVE NOTICED...BY ANY CHANCE DO YOU RECALL THE PHOTOGRAPHERS NAME THAT MIGHT HELP IN THE SEARCH...I WILL CONTINUE LOOKING OFF AND ON, IF AND WHEN FOUND I SHALL POST THEM FOR YOU, IN THE MEANTIME HERE ARE A FEW MORE OF THE SCOPE..IF I DOUBLE I WILL DELETE WHICHEVER.....B

Thank you again Bernice. (Images saved.)

It would be really helpful (imo) if someone could ID the film where the rifle is carried down a corridor (aloft) and a film camera captures the light blowout as the scope passes the camera. (and if possible rip and post the frame preceding this overexposure and the overexposed frame and the frame following.