The Education Forum

If JFK Had Lived

Evan Burton

On SBS TV (Australia) tonight at 10pm.

VIRTUAL JFK: VIETNAM IF JFK HAD LIVED tv-synopsis-line.gif

Virtual JFK investigates one of the most debated “what if” scenarios in the history of US foreign policy: What would President John F. Kennedy have done in Vietnam if he had not been assassinated in 1963, and had he been re-elected in 1964? The resulting film assesses the plausibility of counterfactuals - “what ifs” - and the outcomes they might have produced. The film makes use of an array of resources including recently declassified and never-before-seen archival footage, documents and audio tapes from the Kennedy and Johnson administrations. (From the US) (Documentary)

Virtual JFK investigates one of the most debated “what if” scenarios in the history of US foreign policy: What would President John F. Kennedy have done in Vietnam if he had not been assassinated in 1963, and had he been re-elected in 1964? The resulting film assesses the plausibility of counterfactuals - “what ifs” - and the outcomes they might have produced. The film makes use of an array of resources including recently declassified and never-before-seen archival footage, documents and audio tapes from the Kennedy and Johnson administrations. (From the US) (Documentary)

Did not see ths show but there is no doubt on Viet Nam. It would not have occurred. But I doubt a network on tv woud see it that way, although Austraila may be more honest. Did anyone see this show?

Dawn

Virtual JFK investigates one of the most debated "what if" scenarios in the history of US foreign policy: What would President John F. Kennedy have done in Vietnam if he had not been assassinated in 1963, and had he been re-elected in 1964? The resulting film assesses the plausibility of counterfactuals - "what ifs" - and the outcomes they might have produced. The film makes use of an array of resources including recently declassified and never-before-seen archival footage, documents and audio tapes from the Kennedy and Johnson administrations. (From the US) (Documentary)

Did not see ths show but there is no doubt on Viet Nam. It would not have occurred. But I doubt a network on tv woud see it that way, although Austraila may be more honest. Did anyone see this show?

Dawn

If JFK had lived he would be 93 years old, and former ambassador to Ireland.

BK

the dvd fog of war, robert mcnamara, has some audio of lbj telling mac to write a position paper on vietnam. thats fine, says mac, but what to say. i will tell you what i would say, says lbj, whenever i heard you and kennedy talking about pulling out of vietnam, i thought it was wrong, we're losing...

very loose remembrance on my part, but essentially telling mcnamara there is a new policy. in lbj's own voice. I think that was the moment mcnamara should have thought long and hard.

Edited by Terry Priest