The Education Forum

latest crop circle is based on Mayan calendar

Jack White

Got a source for this? Because there's nothing in the news, or any news website. (at this time).

Not to mention that pretty much every previous crop circle has been proven to be hoaxed by college/university students.

Edit : Ahh nevermind. Old news. 2009.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5777580/Mayan-apocalypse-crop-circle-appears-at-Silbury-Hill.html

Definitely students and definitely missing the point of the Mayan Long-Count calendar.

Edited by Steve Knight

Got a source for this? Because there's nothing in the news, or any news website. (at this time).

Not to mention that pretty much every previous crop circle has been proven to be hoaxed by college/university students.

Edit : Ahh nevermind. Old news. 2009.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5777580/Mayan-apocalypse-crop-circle-appears-at-Silbury-Hill.html

Definitely students and definitely missing the point of the Mayan Long-Count calendar.

Definitely?

And what is your source?

How many students were definitely involved? It was bigger than a football field. It would take a very large group a long time.

Just what means did they use to definitely draw this image on the field of grain and then trample it down?

If it is definite who did it and how they did it and what school they attended and what their purpose was, surely there is a YouTube video

that you can direct me to explaining all that, if it is DEFINITE.

Jack

I don't know if they ever released videos on YouTube, and I really can't be bothered looking for such, but a large group of students came forward a while back, and showed various news programs how they created them, across the country, with a stick, and various lengths of twine to mark out the circles, and decreasing spirals. Funnily enough, not many crop circles have been reported since in the UK. There's probably reports of it on the BBC website, somewhere.

The farmers whose crops they ruined weren't best pleased with them either.

I don't know if they ever released videos on YouTube, and I really can't be bothered looking for such, but a large group of students came forward a while back, and showed various news programs how they created them, across the country, with a stick, and various lengths of twine to mark out the circles, and decreasing spirals. Funnily enough, not many crop circles have been reported since in the UK. There's probably reports of it on the BBC website, somewhere.

Totally uninformed. More reports and more complex than ever.

Jack

post-667-056800200 1295148349_thumb.jpg

Totally uninformed. More reports and more complex than ever.

Jack

Wow. Some college kids took a Spirograph to a field. Whoop de doo. It's the same technique : string on a stick, and walk around. then use a slightly shorter string on an offset stick and walk around again. Rinse and repeat. You're so uninformed, but then you are in America, and not Britain, so it's unlikely you'll have seen them confessing on the major news programs. Millions did here, and such are not reported anymore due to "mystery" being over.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/police-unravel-mystery-of-the-crop-circle-621923.html <- One man arrested and charged for making "crop circles"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theobserver/2002/feb/10/features.review77

After training as a painter, Dickinson went conceptual in the early Nineties, when, alongside a loose collective of other art-pranksters, he began creating crop circles under cover of darkness in the fields of rural England.

Shock! Horror!

Apparently, there's even money to be made from them - there's at least one business making them for profit.

So, in what way am I uninformed when all the evidence points to fakery and business, while nothing points at supernatural or extraterrestrial?

This British crop circle is one of the most complex and interesting I have seen. It is gigantic...more than 350 feet across.

It is said to be based on an ancient Mayan calendar.

Jack

I thought this had been well and truly done to death, what with all those people demonstrating exactly how it was done. I'm quite staggered that Jack truly believes that modern humans could be incapable of such a feat. And it's a bit silly insisting on the students names, schools, shoe size, etc…, as if only that piece of evidence would be sufficient to scotch the theory that it was something other than extra terrestrial.

Jack many many people have seen how this is done. It really is very simple. Ill try and find a you-tube video that takes you through it step by step.

Ive lost a little faith here because I always used to enjoy Jacks theories on the JFK film alteration, but was just never 100% convinced by the argument. Something just grated… And now something here that can so easily be verified as utter nonsense is embraced without even checking the net to see how easy it is done…

Im more than amused by the prospect of an advanced species of intelligent life, so intelligent they have learned how to travel faster than the speed of light, attempt contact by secretly making spiro-graph patterns on our crops in the dead of night. Why so coy! What would be the point?

Edited by Bernie Laverick

This British crop circle is one of the most complex and interesting I have seen. It is gigantic...more than 350 feet across.

Jack

I thought this had been well and truly done to death, what with all those people demonstrating exactly how it was done. I'm quite staggered that Jack truly believes that modern humans could be incapable of such a feat. And it's a bit silly insisting on the students’ names, schools, shoe size, etc…, as if only that piece of evidence would be sufficient to scotch the theory that it was something other than extra terrestrial.

Jack many many people have seen how this is done. It really is very simple. I’ll try and find a you-tube video that takes you through it step by step.

I’ve lost a little faith here because I always used to enjoy Jack’s theories on the JFK film alteration, but was just never 100% convinced by the argument. Something just grated… And now something here that can so easily be verified as utter nonsense is embraced without even checking the net to see how easy it is done…

I’m more than amused by the prospect of an advanced species of intelligent life, so intelligent they have learned how to travel faster than the speed of light, attempt contact by secretly making spiro-graph patterns on our crops in the dead of night. Why so coy! What would be the point?

Watch from 5.30 onward to see a 65 year old take twenty minutes to do a relativel complex pattern. What would 10 young athletic design and art students achieve?

Jack

I thought this had been well and truly done to death, what with all those people demonstrating exactly how it was done. I'm quite staggered that Jack truly believes that modern humans could be incapable of such a feat. And it's a bit silly insisting on the students’ names, schools, shoe size, etc…, as if only that piece of evidence would be sufficient to scotch the theory that it was something other than extra terrestrial.

Jack many many people have seen how this is done. It really is very simple. I’ll try and find a you-tube video that takes you through it step by step.

I’ve lost a little faith here because I always used to enjoy Jack’s theories on the JFK film alteration, but was just never 100% convinced by the argument. Something just grated… And now something here that can so easily be verified as utter nonsense is embraced without even checking the net to see how easy it is done…

I’m more than amused by the prospect of an advanced species of intelligent life, so intelligent they have learned how to travel faster than the speed of light, attempt contact by secretly making spiro-graph patterns on our crops in the dead of night. Why so coy! What would be the point?

Hmmmmm...I have offered NO OPINION on how crop circles are formed. I do not know. It is a mystery. But it is

impossible that two old farmers named Doug and Dave do them all overnight with a rope and a board in an hour

or so...with such intricate precision.

Jack

post-667-016002200 1295245826_thumb.jpg

Yeah Jack has "NO OPINION on how crop circles are formed" and has no opinion if Apollo went to the Moon :P:rolleyes:

"It is a mystery"

Only to Jack and others who are willfully ignorant.

" But it is impossible that two old farmers named Doug and Dave do them all overnight with a rope and a board in an hour or so...with such intricate precision."

Jack obviously failed to comprehend "Watch from 5.30 onward to see a 65 year old take twenty minutes to do a relativel complex pattern. What would 10 young athletic design and art students achieve?" no one said the patterns he posted were completed "in an hour or so".

Bernie, Jack is as impervious to evidence as those old-style reusable condoms were to...

Edited by Len Colby

That's just a double triskele/-lion. And why the need for so many people? just a handful would be capable of creating it in a short time? And why total darkness? What no moon? What no torches?

In his 1997 book The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark, Carl Sagan discussed alien-based theories of crop circle formation. Sagan concluded that no empirical evidence existed to link UFOs with crop circles.

Many others have demonstrated how complex crop circles can be created.

Scientific American published an article by Matt Ridley, who started making crop circles in northern England in 1991. He wrote about how easy it is to develop techniques using simple tools that can easily fool later observers. He reported on "expert" sources such as the Wall Street Journal who had been easily fooled and mused about why people want to believe supernatural explanations for phenomena that are not yet explained. Methods to create a crop circle are now well documented on the internet.

From the wiki on crop circles. Bolds/underlines are mine for em-far-sees.

Let's look at that first article they mention :

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=crop-circle-confession <= damnit! Americans making circles in Britain!! The dastards!

Consider yourself fooled, Jack! You've been well and truly pranked. :ice:lol:

There is absolutely no proof of the extra-terrestrial nor supernatural at play in creation of these patterns, merely bored students and business interests.

356_6293_500x500.jpg

Why would avoiding trampling the rest of the field be a problem? Couldn't they walk down the same tracks the tractors use? The ones running parallel across the entire field?