The Education Forum

Janos Blasszauer

Janos Blasszauer

I am János Blasszauer (36), a father of two, living in the provincial town of Nagykanizsa. I have been teaching English for ten years now. Currently, I am working at Batthyány Gimnázium (academic grammar school). Since October 2001 I have been the pedagogical advisor for the Zala county Pedagogical Institute. Among many other tasks as e.g. the organisation of the county English language contest in different categories I give hands-on presentations for secondary school teachers and give advice to heads of schools with regard to ICT. I am the Hungarian representative of Spring Day in Europe (Spring Day in Europe).

I have graduated from Berzsenyi Teacher Training College. This alma mater was the place where I got acquainted with CALL. I received my MEd degree in English at Pécs University. My thesis was written on Computer Supported Collaborative Projects (http://www.geocities.com/blasszauer), and in it I describe how I introduced ICT in two secondary schools bearing in mind sound theoretical principles.