The Education Forum

Why are my attachments being refused?

Will some moderator look into the problem and find why my attachments are being rejected?

It is NOT a matter of space; I have deleted several years worth of images in order to have

room for new attachments.

Thanks.

Jack

My attachments are also being refused, i am having to use Photobucket to upload images.

i am starting to find this very annoying

Robin.

This is what you are seeing?

TEST.jpg

I'm investigating the matter now.

ETA: By the way, when reporting faults it is very helpful to describe exactly what you were trying to do, and what happened. A screenshot can also be useful. You guys probably don't see any difference, but to me there is a great difference between an attachment being refused / rejected, and the upload failing.

Thanks!

Edited by Evan Burton

Everything looks normal in the board settings; I'm guessing it is a bug beyond our control. We'll have to get a job logged with IPS, but we have to wait for John or Andy to do that as they are the registered owners.

Everything looks normal in the board settings; I'm guessing it is a bug beyond our control. We'll have to get a job logged with IPS, but we have to wait for John or Andy to do that as they are the registered owners.

Thanks Evan

Yes i am getting the " This upload failed " message

Robin.

This is what you are seeing?

TEST.jpg

I'm investigating the matter now.

ETA: By the way, when reporting faults it is very helpful to describe exactly what you were trying to do, and what happened. A screenshot can also be useful. You guys probably don't see any difference, but to me there is a great difference between an attachment being refused / rejected, and the upload failing.

Thanks!

That is exactly what I see when I upload an attachment.

Jack

Thank you!

Disk Space Allowed 1800MB

Disk Space In Use 1936MB

Admins are able to manage attachments in Admin CP - not I for risk of shouts of bias and conspiracy!

Members must also be encouraged to manage their own attachments with a little more circumspection. For instance does your image REALLY need to be uploaded to this forum when a link to its location elsewhere would suffice? Images should be compressed first before being uploaded. This clearly is not taking place.

Thank you!

Disk Space In Use 1936MB

Admins are able to manage attachments in Admin CP - not I for risk of shouts of bias and conspiracy!

Members must also be encouraged to manage their own attachments with a little more circumspection. For instance does your image REALLY need to be uploaded to this forum when a link to its location elsewhere would suffice? Images should be compressed first before being uploaded. This clearly is not taking place.

Thanks andy

I deleted about 75% of my Attachments yesterday.

Most of my images are either direct linked from my image galleries website or Photobucket.

However the upload feature comes in very handy for uploading smaller files quickly.

Robin.

Thank you!

Disk Space In Use 1936MB

I am not sure this is the problem. It will not let me upload the avatars of new members. Invision said it is trying to sort the problem out.