The Education Forum

Mobster Restaurants Around the Country

I thought I saw a guy that looked like Bill Kelly at the Bomb Bomb Bar-B-Q Grill in Philly last month.

http://www.huffingto...s_b_857594.html

They left out Atlantic City - the Boardwalk Empire totally.

Somers Point Judge Ed Helfant, after taking a bribe to get a light sentence for a convicted mobster, and failing to follow through, was killed while eating dinner in a booth with his wife at the Flamingo Lounge,

which is still there and only now being remodeled after staying relatively the same since the 1972 murder.

Another popular Atlantic City mob restaurant from the 20s and 30s, the Knifie & Fork is mentioned in the Boardwalk Empire and still there, as is Angelo's Fairmount Tavern, where Mob boss Nicky Scarfo frequently ate, and the Baltimore Grill, where Skinny D'Amato's son Angelo (named after Philly Mob boss Angelo Bruno) worked when he killed a cook in a non-gangland murder.

Philly has other real mob restaurants, mainly in South Philly, not mentioned. I've never been to Boom Booms. That must be the guy who gets me in trouble all the time.

BK

Edited by William Kelly

• 3 months later...

I thought I saw a guy that looked like Bill Kelly at the Bomb Bomb Bar-B-Q Grill in Philly last month.

http://www.huffingto...s_b_857594.html

They left out Atlantic City - the Boardwalk Empire totally.

Somers Point Judge Ed Helfant, after taking a bribe to get a light sentence for a convicted mobster, and failing to follow through, was killed while eating dinner in a booth with his wife at the Flamingo Lounge,

which is still there and only now being remodeled after staying relatively the same since the 1972 murder.

Another popular Atlantic City mob restaurant from the 20s and 30s, the Knifie & Fork is mentioned in the Boardwalk Empire and still there, as is Angelo's Fairmount Tavern, where Mob boss Nicky Scarfo frequently ate, and the Baltimore Grill, where Skinny D'Amato's son Angelo (named after Philly Mob boss Angelo Bruno) worked when he killed a cook in a non-gangland murder.

Philly has other real mob restaurants, mainly in South Philly, not mentioned. I've never been to Boom Booms. That must be the guy who gets me in trouble all the time.

BK

I'm working on a story about Skinny D'Amato's 500 Club in Atlantic City, if anybody's interested.

BK