The Education Forum

Looking For Castro Quote

I'm looking for a quote I remember; I'm pretty certain it was in Robert Sam Anson's "They've Killed the President" book. It's from Fidel Castro, and he derides the lone assassin fairy tale, saying something like "that does not happen in even your worst Hollywood movies."

Does anybody have a copy of the book handy, or remember this quote in full? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Since we're on the subject of Castro, has he ever said what he thinks happened to JFK on 11/22/63? Who was really behind it?

I recall Oliver Stone visited him and conducted an interview (HBO?) some years back and hinted Castro knew who was behind it all but Stone never revealed it on the show.

Has he leaked anything over all these years?

I'm looking for a quote I remember; I'm pretty certain it was in Robert Sam Anson's "They've Killed the President" book. It's from Fidel Castro, and he derides the lone assassin fairy tale, saying something like "that does not happen in even your worst Hollywood movies."

Does anybody have a copy of the book handy, or remember this quote in full? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Don, I think the quote you are thinking about was made by Castro in response to the phony defection story concocted by the CIA to cover

some B-26 bombing raids. The quote appeared in the April 17, 1961 issue of the New York Times. Castro said: "Even Hollywood would not

try and film such a story."

The quote later appeared in The Invisible Government by Wise and Ross and also in The Bay of Pigs by Howard Jones.

http://books.google....a story&f=false

http://www.american-...isiblegov.2.htm

Edited by Michael Hogan

Since we're on the subject of Castro, has he ever said what he thinks happened to JFK on 11/22/63? Who was really behind it?

I recall Oliver Stone visited him and conducted an interview (HBO?) some years back and hinted Castro knew who was behind it all but Stone never revealed it on the show.

Has he leaked anything over all these years?

He absolutely did. In a speech the next day. Dr. Marty Schotz' book - History Will Not Absolve Us"- has the entire speech and not too long ago Robert Morrow posted it somewhere here.

Dawn