The Education Forum

Tina Towner is writing a book to be published this summer.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

From page 5 of "Tina Towner: My Story as the Youngest Photographer at the Kennedy Assassination":

In our oral history recorded by the Museum in March 1996, Daddy stated that most of the windows in the TSBD had the shades pulled down. He also stated, as he had stated several times over the years to family and friends, that he told a uniformed police officer standing next to him that he saw a man in a white coat standing in a sixth floor window. Several times over the decades, Daddy repeated that the police officer saw this person, too.

From page 5 of "Tina Towner: My Story as the Youngest Photographer at the Kennedy Assassination":

In our oral history recorded by the Museum in March 1996, Daddy stated that most of the windows in the TSBD had the shades pulled down. He also stated, as he had stated several times over the years to family and friends, that he told a uniformed police officer standing next to him that he saw a man in a white coat standing in a sixth floor window. Several times over the decades, Daddy repeated that the police officer saw this person, too.

Josh,

Thanks for posting that.

I assume this was (at least) a few minutes before the assassination. I wonder who that policeman was?

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Josh,

Thanks for posting that.

Does she say how long before the assassination that happened? The Towner family was there from about 11 o'clock on.

I wonder who that policeman was?

http://www.copweb.be...ley Plaza-4.htm

temoins17.jpg

temoins16.jpg

temoins15.jpg

(edited and bumped)

Edited by Thomas Graves

That is the only relevant passage on the subject in the book. I can only speculate, but I imagine this occured before the assassination. One wonders though, why point the man out to the police before the assassination? Obviously this would be before the sixth floor, or even the depository, had been singled out as the gunman's location. So what stood out about this man that it warranted police attention?

That is the only relevant passage on the subject in the book. I can only speculate, but I imagine this occured before the assassination. One wonders though, why point the man out to the police before the assassination? Obviously this would be before the sixth floor, or even the depository, had been singled out as the gunman's location. So what stood out about this man that it warranted police attention?

Well, Josh. Mr. Towner was a former military officer (Lt. Colonel) and probably realized that a man standing at a window on an upper floor of a building on a near hairpin turn part of the president's motorcade route posed a potential risk to the life of the president. Apparently Mr. Towner noticed only this one guy standing at any of the windows (because he only mentioned this one guy). I would think that this one guy standing at an upper floor window would look a lot more suspicious than several people standing at different windows.

P.S. You ask, "What stood out about this man that it warranted police attention?". I would call it "police inattention" in that it was not reported by the policeman concerned.

Edited by Thomas Graves