The Education Forum

JFK Assassination

I have two CDs from the 90s ("JFK Assassination - A Visual Investigation," Medio Multimedia, 1995, and "Encyclopedia of the JFK Assassination - ZCI Publishing,1994) that are no longer compatible with my later Mac (v.10.7.4 LION). Apparently, according to my Mac guy, the "classic format" of these CDs cannot be made to operate on my newer system. I see where a version of the "Encyclopedia" is for sale, but I can't discern whether it is a newer, compatible version or not. (I have emailed the company for info.) If anyone can help me with info on these CDs or if someone has newer versions for sale, please email me at scarf@gmail.com.

These CDs have a wealth of info that I would dearly love to utilize again. Thanks. Steve in Phoenix

Edited by Steve Cearfoss

If you have a mac you can boot into Windows 7 if you buy a copy of Windows 7 and load it using BootCamp. I am thinking that windows will be able to play that format but that is just a guess.

Edited by Mike Rago

Steve,

I have JFK Assassination - A Visual Investigation. I can run it on a Mac Pro running Parallels Desktop + Windows 7 32 bit and it runs fine.

I am running Mountain Lion. However, they would also run on OS Lion. It is Parallels 7 + Windows 7 that is decides whether the CD will run. The JFK Assassination - A Visual Investigation is a Windows CD, not a Mac CD. I suggest you install the 32 bit version of Windows. The 64 bit version might refuse to run the Cd's since they are quite old.

James.

Edited by James R Gordon

Hi Steve,

These are CDs that have video files on them?

If so, your Mac should be able to read the CDs, regardless of whether it can play the video files on them. It may be possible to copy the files from the CDs onto your Mac's hard drive, then convert them to something it can play using some third party utility. Do you know the format of the files?

Paul.

I have the The JFK Assassination - A Visual Investigation what i did was to get a older computer that can run that cd also i had a stack of the older computer games. you maybe able to find one dirt cheep