The Education Forum

Does the "research" community need to take a look at itself?

Mike Rago

It has been 50 years and still no resolution. In most areas of research if a theory is still in limbo after 50 years that theory is abandoned.

I believe what the lack of a solution is showing is that some basic facts at the foundation level are incorrect. As someone said in another thread, garbage in garbage out.

I think the research community needs to go back to the beginning and start with an objective eye to evaluate , first, the evidence from the scene of the crime and compare it to the evidence presented in the literature.

Edited by Mike Rago

Mike,

No. You just need to research a little bit more.

Which is it?

Frame 161 according to the WC is a measurement from the snipers nest to the limo front or JFK in the limo?

Take a look at the plat really carefully before you answer!!!

Remember, Croft can't take a picture of someone behind him, if his picture shows the object is in front of him.

If you tell me it's JFK in the limo at frame 161, that would be a measurement from the snipers nest.

Which would mean there should be no measurements taken from Station C , which is 15.5ft back from the snipers nest.

Meyers is in green.

Between a rock and a hard place.

Why do you think this spot (frame 161) was chosen by the WC to create CE884.

chris

Around frame 157 there is a splice.

Long ago, I created a stabilized version using Groden's frames to fill in some missing frames from the extant Zfilm.

To begin with, watch what it looks like.

chris

Edited by Chris Davidson

Ok, based on what I see I would say that it could be JFK in the limo at 161 (it is too hard to read the red and green numbers on my copy of your plat)

We know the limo was moving very slow around frame 161. JFK is a bit ahead of Craft when he took the picture.

I cannot read the numbers on your plat(the red and green numbers)

I think on exhibit 884 there are two measurements. I think the stations are measured from station c and the angles are measured from the snipers nest. Both measurements are to JFK in the limo.

Edited by Mike Rago

Looking at the previous gif, one might say nothing out of the ordinary.

But, if you were to look at the camera movement??? starting at 154, here is what it looks like.

Coincidentally, it appears at the spliced area.

Which also appears near frame 161, the adjustment has been made.

What's missing from the Groden frames?

Looks like the distance from the film edge including the sprocket holes to the main frame.

I wonder if that's about the same distance as the film shift.

chris