The Education Forum

The Danger of Conspiracy Theories

One of the reasons why so many people believe in the JFK assassination conspiracy is that it is open-ended enough to include anyone across the political spectrum. Whatever your political orientation, you can find some sort of evidence that your own political enemies were involved. Therefore there is something for everyone and different conspiracy theories appeal to different political groups: right-wing (Soviets, Castro), left-wing (oil millionaires), Republicans (Lyndon B. Johnson), Democrats (George Bush), racists (Jews), pacifists (Military Industrial Congress Complex), libertarians (CIA or FBI), etc. If you are completely non-political you can always opt for the Mafia.

Your statement above exposes the way you think not the way I think. The associations that you have made are your associations not mine or anyone else's associations. That is what you have in your mind not what I or anyone else who investigates this case has in their mind.

Not everything is about political enemies. Frankly I never think about things in that framework.

I did not make the facts in this case.

I do not think that Mordecai Vanunu is a racist against Jewish people.

Mordechai Vanunu (Hebrew: מרדכי ואנונו‎; born 14 October 1954) is a former Israeli nucleartechnician who, citing his opposition to weapons of mass destruction, revealed details of Israel's nuclear weapons program to the British press in 1986.[2][3] He was subsequently lured to Italy by aMossad agent, where he was drugged and abducted by Israeli intelligence agents.[2] He was transported to Israel and ultimately convicted in a trial that was held behind closed doors.[2]

In July 2004 Vanunu claimed in the London-based Al-Hayat newspaper that the State of Israel was complicit in the assassination of John F. Kennedy. He claimed there were "near-certain indications" that Kennedy was assassinated in response to "pressure he exerted on Israel’s then head of government, David Ben-Gurion, to shed light on Dimona’s nuclear reactor".[31] [32][33] [34]

The problem we face is actually the opposite to what you claim above. We cannot let the fear of the label "anti-semitic" prevent us from investigating this case.

http://en.wikipedia....ordechai_Vanunu

Edited by Mike Rago

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not? "In late 1985, Vanunu took a backpacking trip through the Far East, eventually settling in Australia and taking a job as a taxi driver in Sydney. He renounced Judaism and converted to Christianity, joining the Anglican Church of Australia.[1][17][19]"

Why not? "In late 1985, Vanunu took a backpacking trip through the Far East, eventually settling in Australia and taking a job as a taxi driver in Sydney. He renounced Judaism and converted to Christianity, joining the Anglican Church of Australia.[1][17][19]"

Converting to Christianity makes someone a "racist" against Jewish people? Considering the years of suffering Vanunu went through at the hands of the Israeli government, is it really that surprising that he abandoned the Jewish faith?

I'm not supporting Rago's theories here, Jim. But Vanunu was given extraordinarily harsh treatment by the Israelis, for being a whistleblower about their nuclear program.

He was made a political prisoner in a supposedly free country.

Converting to Christianity makes someone a "racist" against Jewish people?

If some one converts away from a religion it's quite possible they have 'issues' with that faith.

Considering the years of suffering Vanunu went through at the hands of the Israeli government, is it really that surprising that he abandoned the Jewish faith?

Look at the date, he converted BEFORE he was arrested.

I didn't know when he converted from Judaism, Len. It's not an issue of primary concern to me. However, I don't think anyone can contest the fact that Vanunu was punished excessively for being a whistleblower.

David Josephs: and finally, the FBI NEVER LISTED 9/11 when describing and listing Osama's crimes

LOL I love that one, yes the USG orchestrated this giant conspiracy to murder thousands of people and fake huge amounts of evidence but were unwilling or able to include 9/11 on his wanted poster! It was not listed because he had not been indicted. He wasn't indicted presumably because it was unlikely he would every be brought to trial.

Such bs. You do not have to be indicted to be on the FBI's most wanted list.

Aren't lawyers supposed to have decent read comprehension skills? Where did I ever say you "have to be indicted to be on the FBI's most wanted list"? OBL was already on the list on 9/11. His wanted poster never listed 9/11 because he was never indicted for it. But perhaps Ms. Meredith can list people who made "on the FBI's most wanted list." without being indicted.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted

EDIT - Added FBI link for Dawn

Bumped for Dawn

Bumped for Dawn

Can you "list people who made it "on the FBI's most wanted list." without being indicted"?

David Josephs: and finally, the FBI NEVER LISTED 9/11 when describing and listing Osama's crimes

LOL I love that one, yes the USG orchestrated this giant conspiracy to murder thousands of people and fake huge amounts of evidence but were unwilling or able to include 9/11 on his wanted poster! It was not listed because he had not been indicted. He wasn't indicted presumably because it was unlikely he would every be brought to trial.

Such bs. You do not have to be indicted to be on the FBI's most wanted list.

Aren't lawyers supposed to have decent read comprehension skills? Where did I ever say you "have to be indicted to be on the FBI's most wanted list"? OBL was already on the list on 9/11. His wanted poster never listed 9/11 because he was never indicted for it. But perhaps Ms. Meredith can list people who made "on the FBI's most wanted list." without being indicted.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted

EDIT - Added FBI link for Dawn

Bumped for Dawn

Bumped for Dawn

Can you "list people who made it "on the FBI's most wanted list." without being indicted"?

Colby I do not and will not EVER respond to you, so you can bump all you like and add in new threads. This is my one and only reply.

Colby I do not and will not EVER respond to you, so you can bump all you like and add in new threads. This is my one and only reply.

LOL Translation: "I realize my claim was false but will attack the person calling me on it rather than admit error."

You replied to me Oct. 6 but all of a sudden are philosophically opposed to doing so?

At risk of being accused of thread necromancy, I always try to engage posters who disagree with my views. I have sometimes seen the excuse that someone is not who they claim to be, etc... who cares? If your position is solid then you don't give hoot who argues because you know you can counter their arguement.

The excuse that "I won't argue..." seem to me like an admission that you cannot defend your position.

At risk of being accused of thread necromancy, I always try to engage posters who disagree with my views. I have sometimes seen the excuse that someone is not who they claim to be, etc... who cares? If your position is solid then you don't give hoot who argues because you know you can counter their arguement.

The excuse that "I won't argue..." seem to me like an admission that you cannot defend your position.

If you ran into a foul-mouthed, belligerent, ignorant drunk at your local bar or pub and after a few minutes it became clear that any efforts on your part to reason with him or debate with him were fruitless and would only serve to induce him to become nastier and nastier.....and it was also apparent that the drunk actually enjoyed seeing you get irritated at his behavior....... at what point would you dispense with the conversation, walk away, and let him puke all over himself?

Just a rhetorical, metaphorical question.

If you ran into a foul-mouthed, belligerent, ignorant drunk at your local bar or pub and after a few minutes it became clear that any efforts on your part to reason with him or debate with him were fruitless and would only serve to induce him to become nastier and nastier.....and it was also apparent that the drunk actually enjoyed seeing you get irritated at his behavior....... at what point would you dispense with the conversation, walk away, and let him puke all over himself?

Just a rhetorical, metaphorical question.

LOL so now I'm analogous to “a foul-mouthed, belligerent, ignorant drunk...[with whom] any efforts on [Dawn's] part to reason with him or debate with him were fruitless and would only serve to induce him to become nastier and nastier”? Except that I'm neither foul-mouthed, ignorant or drunk and it's debatable if I was being overly belligerent, in fact it was Dawn who initiated the belligerence as well as the one who is demonstrating ignorance. As Greg said not long ago “analogies are supposed to actually be.... analogous”. She made a false claim and has proven unable or unwilling to provide evidence in support of it or admit error.