The Education Forum

Celio Sergio Castro Alba

As other members of the Forum may already know, on 11/09/64 J. Edgar Hoover wrote to Warren Commission General Counsel J. Lee Rankin saying a man by the name of Celio Sergio Castro Alba told the FBI on 9/24/64 that he had accompanied Loran Eugene Hall and Lawrence John Howard from Los Angeles to Dallas in late September 1963.

The letter says that Loran Eugene Hall told the FBI on 9/16/64 that he and Howard were accompanied to Dallas not by William Seymour, but by a Cuban he knew as "Wahito".

The letter also says that Lawrence John Howard told the FBI on 9/20/64 that he "accompanied Hall to Dallas, Texas, in September, 1963, with a Cuban refugee named Cellios Albas". Howard was also reported in the letter as saying that this "Cellios Albas" was also known as "Quarito".

http://jfk.hood.edu/...ges 531-535.pdf

I think I've found two mugshots of the Cuban whose warname was "Wahito/Quarito". These are the only (IMHO very probable) photos of him on the Internet that I know of.

It looks like he's been in prison in Monroe County Florida twice now.

One of the mugshot websites with the photo for "Cello Castro" says that one of his aliases was Cello Sergio Castro-Alba. Bingo! It says that he was born 7/28/31 and was 5'9" and 200 lbs. at the time of the photograph in 2012...

To see the photos, do a Google Search or Images search for "Cello Castro" and another search for "Celio Sergio Castro". Put both names in quotation marks for their respective searches and click on "cached".

It looks like one of the photos was taken when he was 71 and the other one was taken when he was 81.

I believe the guy in the photos may have been one of the three men who visited Silvia Odio.

--Tommy :sun

Edit: It's interesting to note that Gerry Hemming, in Weberman's Nodule 13, says that (Cuban refugee) Celio Castro was 71 years old in 1963 but acted (my emphasis) like he was 40, had a bad leg from the Machado Revolution, and was, in so many words, a stoned cold son-of-a-gun. It's interesting that Hemming didn't say if Celio Castro looked anything close to as young as he "acted". One would think that if Celio Castro really had been one of the three men who visited Silvia Odio, she would have said that he looked significantly older than the other two.

Perhaps Hemming has him "acting" a lot younger than he really was, knowing that most people would take that to mean that Celio looked to be 40 years old, as well. I wonder if Hemming was lying (and embellishing it a bit to make it sound more plausible) to help dispell Loren Hall's original statement to the FBI on September 16, 1964 that, in so many words, Hall, Howard, and Seymour had been together in Dallas in late September 1963 and that they had visited Silvia Odio.

Edited by Thomas Graves

As other members of the Forum may already know, on 11/09/64 J. Edgar Hoover wrote to Warren Commission General Counsel J. Lee Rankin saying a man by the name of Celio Sergio Castro Alba told the FBI on 9/24/64 that he had accompanied Loran Eugene Hall and Lawrence John Howard from Los Angeles to Dallas in late September 1963.

The letter also says that Loran Eugene Hall had told the FBI on 9/16/64 that Hall and Howard were accompanied to Dallas not by William Seymour, but by a Cuban he knew as "Wahito".

Also according to the letter, Howard told the FBI on 9/20/64 that he "accompanied Hall to Dallas, Texas, in September, 1963, with a Cuban refugee named Cellios Albas" whom Howard claimed was also known as "Quarito".
http://jfk.hood.edu/...ges 531-535.pdf

Edit: It's interesting to note that Gerry Hemming, in Weberman's Nodule 13, says that Celio Castro was 71 years old in 1963 but acted like he was 40, and had a bad leg from the Machado Revolution. Although Hemming doesn't say how old Celio Castro Alba looked in 1963, the fact that Odio didn't say that one of the men at her doorstep looked significantly older than the others suggests to me that Celio Castro wasn't there.

Speaking of a suspect with a bad leg, I wonder if the Celio Castro Alba that Hemming described could have been the guy captured on film limping across the Elm St. "infield grass" a few minutes after the assassination, the same guy whom some researchers think might be Dark Complected Man.

Edited by Thomas Graves