The Education Forum

Implications of public understanding of the Coup of '63 for Jeb Bush.

Len,

It seems you have the tendency to dismiss the entire body of work by a person because some of their statements may not be accurate. I would suggest that this mindset is unhelpful when trying to understand the truth about a complicated situation. Using this technique, you could dismiss Albert Einstein's work on relativity because he was wrong about quantum mechanics. And similarly, you try to dismiss 4 entire books on the subject of Watergate because they "push contradictory theories". For the most part, these books cover different aspects of Watergate and are mostly complementary rather than contradictory. (Have you even read these books?) And secondly, when dealing with hidden conspiracies, the amount that is know changes over time, so books written at different times frequently have different perspectives. Some books do a very good job on certain aspects of a situation but are later proven to be wrong about other aspects. That does not mean that the entire book is worthless.

When trying to gain an understanding of a situation, I would suggest an approach which seems to differ from your approach. Rather than being inclined to dismiss entire books or the body of work by a person because there is a flaw with one aspect of the work, I would suggest trying to find what is right with each work and what you can learn from it.

You seem to have fairly strong views, and you have no trouble finding fault with what many people say. So may I ask, in your view, who is behind the JFK assassination? Who would you say have the best understanding of the JFK assassination?

Best Regards,

Mark