The Education Forum

Private Eye Fred Otash had details of Marilyn Monroe's death

Douglas - am I reading this correctly? Did Otash say in these notes that Bobby Kennedy killed Marilyn?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/listened-marilyn-monroe-die-secret-files-hollywood-p-revealed-article-1.1365189?localLinksEnabled=false

"I listened to Marilyn Monroe die," Otash wrote in his notes, but doesn't elaborate.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/listened-marilyn-monroe-die-secret-files-hollywood-p-revealed-article-1.1365189#ixzz2VqAQBtpK

Guest Robert Morrow

"He recorded that on August 5 1962, she had a violent argument with the Kennedys and that she felt that she had been 'passed around like a piece of meat'. The notes read: 'She was really screaming and they were trying to quiet her down. 'She's in the bedroom and Bobby gets the pillow and he muffles her on the bed to keep the neighbors from hearing. She finally quieted down and then he was looking to get out of there.'"

I can find that extremely easy to believe. I do not think the Kennedys murdered Marilyn Monroe. It is very possible that hardball tactics by Robert Kennedy pushed her over the edge where Monroe accidentally or on purpose overdosed. Very easy to believe. Robert Kennedy was probably telling her to shut up and threatening retribution if she ever went public.

Joe DiMaggio who loved Marilyn Monroe more than anyone else was convinced that the Kennedys had a role in her death. So much so that DiMaggio refused to shake RFK's hand one day at a baseball stadium.

Edited by Robert Morrow

All the articles repeat the same info. I guess its inconclusive, other than to say that RFK and Lawford were with Marilyn on the day she died and she was upset. Its hard to imagine one of them suffocating her, and Otash doesn't specifically say that they did. I am curious - what do you think?

All the articles repeat the same info. I guess its inconclusive, other than to say that RFK and Lawford were with Marilyn on the day she died and she was upset. Its hard to imagine one of them suffocating her, and Otash doesn't specifically say that they did. I am curious - what do you think?

I do not think that Marilyn Monroe died a natural death or that she committed suicide. I also do not think any of the Kennedys were involved in her death but their enemies may have. There is no question but that her death occurred at a critical time when there was a confluence of important events in her life with disparate parties being involved. Her death should have been a wake up call to both John and Robert Kennedy that certain parties known to them would not stop at anything, even murdering one of the world's leading celebrities, in their quest for power.

I found one of the Hollywood Reporter links above to be intriguing in that Howard Hughes was acting in behalf of Richard Nixon in retaining a private eye to keep tabs on the Kennedy brothers' relationship with Monroe. Hughes figures a lot in Nixon's machinations, from the attempt to kill Castro, to the Bay of Pigs and then on to Watergate where the Democratic National Committee had its offices headed by Hughes' former Washington lobbyist, Larry O'Brien.

I wondered why Hughes would hire Otash to bug Marilyn Monroe. Thanks for the info on that. I see your point. I always found her apparent suicide not believable, nor could I imagine RFK or Lawford actually killing her. If I understand it, your proposed theory is that the timing of her death suggests that someone knew about the altercation that day and used it as cover, hoping to send a message to the Kennedys, or even to pin her death on the Kennedy clan. Of course they failed, but, as an aside and in my opinion, so did the plotters who killed JFK, who tried to link that death to Castro. I wonder what the protocol would be for someone like Otash. Would he report to someone in the Hughes clan immediately when the bug picked up something interesting? I imagine he would. Was Maheu in charge of Hughes' operation at the time?

I wondered why Hughes would hire Otash to bug Marilyn Monroe. Thanks for the info on that. I see your point. I always found her apparent suicide not believable, nor could I imagine RFK or Lawford actually killing her. If I understand it, your proposed theory is that the timing of her death suggests that someone knew about the altercation that day and used it as cover, hoping to send a message to the Kennedys, or even to pin her death on the Kennedy clan.

Exactly. I've long thought that the Kennedy enemies tried to frame them with the Monroe murder. Then when that failed they took the next step. Much like they later framed Teddy Kennedy with the Chappaquiddick arranged accident to neutralize him.

Does anyone know anything about this Fred Otash character?

Whatever his story is I don't think it's a coincidence that we're in the run up to a major JFK anniversary and this propaganda is launched at the public.

I wondered why Hughes would hire Otash to bug Marilyn Monroe. Thanks for the info on that. I see your point. I always found her apparent suicide not believable, nor could I imagine RFK or Lawford actually killing her. If I understand it, your proposed theory is that the timing of her death suggests that someone knew about the altercation that day and used it as cover, hoping to send a message to the Kennedys, or even to pin her death on the Kennedy clan.

Exactly. I've long thought that the Kennedy enemies tried to frame them with the Monroe murder. Then when that failed they took the next step. Much like they later framed Teddy Kennedy with the Chappaquiddick arranged accident to neutralize him.

Whatever his story is I don't think it's a coincidence that we're in the run up to a major JFK anniversary and this propaganda is launched at the public.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Otash

Thanks Douglas. I was really hoping for input from a trusted source.

-------------------------------------------------------

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/docset/getList.do?docSetId=1370

-------------------------------------------------------

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/docset/getList.do?docSetId=1370

Great idea. Thank you Douglas.