The Education Forum

Forgotten - Repost

I apologize to Forum members for this re-post. If the moderators could remove the initial post and replace it with this one that would be great. A WORD format copy of the book cover was inadvertently posted; I have replaced it with the proper j-peg.

Thanks,

Gary Murr

At this point in time fifty three years ago then Senator John F. Kennedy was in the process of running one of the most stunning and exhausting Presidential election campaigns in American history. Records of the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum and those of the American Presidency Project indicate that in a matter of months in the early fall of 1960 the young Senator Kennedy travelled in excess of 40,000 miles, visiting every state of the Union on at least one occasion in an effort to rally as many potential voters to his side as was humanly possible. In October of 1960 alone Kennedy visited 22 different states in thirty-one days and delivered some 235 speeches and remarks over this same time span. October 2, 1960 had been a particularly gruelling day, one that began at the St Paul Hotel in St. Paul, Minnesota and ended some fourteen hours later at the Chase Hotel in St. Louis, Missouri. Undaunted Kennedy arose early on the morning of October 3, 1960 and on an overcast and cool autumn day that was laden with the impending threat of rain he and his entourage drove the roughly 22 miles from St. Louis to the historic town square of Alton, Illinois, site of the last of the famous Senatorial Lincoln-Douglas debates of 1858. Wearing a light grey raincoat Senator Kennedy delivered a short but rousing speech to an enthusiastic but damp crowd that had gathered in Lincoln-Douglas Square. While security was a part of all candidates retinue, it obviously was not the pressing public concern it was to become roughly three years hence. Little did he know that while he referenced the wisdom of the speech Lincoln had given on the Alton site some one hundred and two years earlier young Senator Kennedy stood less than four miles from another site, the sprawling small arms manufacturing plant of the Western Cartridge Company of East Alton, Illinois. As history would have it there are those who believe that Kennedy and a specifically select group of offspring created by the Western Cartridge Company would meet again just over three years later during a bright sunny noon hour motorcade in Dallas, Texas, with devastating consequences. But is this true?

“Forgotten” is the story of a rather unique brand of 6.5mm ammunition said by many to have been responsible for the death of John F. Kennedy. Manufactured in the formative years of the Cold War by the Western Cartridge Company, “Forgotten” seeks to unravel the shroud of mystery that surrounds to date the history of this ammunition, riddled as it is with misconceptions and untruths.

“Forgotten” will be available for purchase on October 3, 2013.

Gary Murr

post-1924-0-89504500-1371503443_thumb.jpg

Hello Gary

I look forward to the release of your book and will be purchasing a copy of it.

Thank you, Robert: I will be releasing further information on pricing structures for this volume, hopefully within the next month. I am also endeavouring to make it available in an "electronic" format for those who may wish to purchase it that way.

Gary Murr