The Education Forum

Why Did Roy Truly Change His Mind About Oswald?

Thomas Graves

Devil's Advocate Argument: Truly changed his mind about Oswald's being a suspect due to the combination of Oswald's being seen on the second floor so soon after the assassination and the fact that Oswald left the TSBD so quickly after that.

Comments?

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

There is another question I would like to know the answer to that is directly related to your question, Tommy.

What time did Truly call Aikens at the North Houston Warehouse to dig up Oswald's employment records?

During part of his testimony, Truly said he probably called Aikens 10-12 minutes after seeing LHO in the Lunch Room.

That would represent a pretty darn quick turn around from defending Oswald as an employee to notifying the police he was a possible suspect.

Edited by Richard Hocking

Devil's Advocate Argument: Truly changed his mind about Oswald's being a suspect because of the combination of Oswald's being seen on the second floor so soon after the assassination and the fact that Oswald left the TSBD so quickly after that.

Comments?

Good point, Thomas. This method of deduction would also have ensnared Mrs. Reid, Eddie Piper and Jack Dougherty for simply being in odd locations so soon after the assassination. I'm sure there were also employees that were outside the TSBD at the time of the assassination and unaccounted for at the time the APB went out for Oswald.

Edited by Robert Prudhomme

There is another question I would like to know the answer to that is directly related to your question, Tommy.

What time did Truly call Aikens at the North Houston Warehouse to dig up Oswald's employment records?

During part of his testimony, Truly said he probably called Aikens 10-12 minutes after seeing LHO in the Lunch Room.

That would represent a pretty darn quick turn around from defending Oswald as an employee to notifying the police he was a possible suspect.

Richard,

Good question.

I'm too lazy to look it up right now, so I'll ask you instead: When did Truly realize that Oswald was no longer at the TSBD? Before or after he called Aikens?

Good point, Thomas. This method of deduction would also have ensnared Mrs. Reid, Eddie Piper and Jack Dougherty for simply being in odd locations so soon after the assassination. I'm sure there were also employees that were outside the TSBD at the time of the assassination and unaccounted for at the time the APB went out for Oswald.

Robert,

Rhetorical question: Did Mrs. Reid, Eddie Piper, or Jack Dougherty leave the TSBD building a few minutes after the assassination?

Sincerely,

Edited by Thomas Graves