The Education Forum

John F. Kennedy Quotes

John Simkin

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Life is extinct on other planets because their scientists were more advanced than ours.

The goal of education is the advancement of knowledge and the dissemination of truth.

Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.

Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.

Communism has never come to power in a country that was not disrupted by war or corruption, or both.

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.

History is a relentless master. It has no present, only the past rushing into the future.

If we cannot now end our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity.

The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining.

The basic problems facing the world today are not susceptible to a military solution.

We would like to live as we once lived, but history will not permit it.

Do you realize the responsibility I carry? I'm the only person standing between Richard Nixon and the White House.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USAkennedyJ.htm

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

Life is extinct on other planets because their scientists were more advanced than ours.

The goal of education is the advancement of knowledge and the dissemination of truth.

Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.

Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.

Communism has never come to power in a country that was not disrupted by war or corruption, or both.

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.

History is a relentless master. It has no present, only the past rushing into the future.

If we cannot now end our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity.

The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining.

The basic problems facing the world today are not susceptible to a military solution.

We would like to live as we once lived, but history will not permit it.

Do you realize the responsibility I carry? I'm the only person standing between Richard Nixon and the White House.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USAkennedyJ.htm

Some excellent quotes, John.

I have seen numerous variations of the one I bold-faced, similar to a quote from Teddy Roosevelt:

"It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed."