The Education Forum

Barry Seal and the JFK assassination

Thanks for the info. I think its also good to remember for any historian that many of the prominent (and even less prominent) players in IranGate were certainly players in the JFK assassination scene. I tend to think of it as "work with who you've used or trusted for years" logic. I do not believe that it is a coincidence.

I can't say whether or not Seal met Ferrie later in life, although I've never seen any evidence that he did. But the claim made by Daniel Hopsicker, in "Barry and the Boys," that Seal went on a Civil Air Patrol bivouac at Barksdale in July 1955 is provably wrong. Ferrie was a guest lecturer, not a member of the CAP at that time and he did not go to Barksdale. Oswald actually submitted his application to join the CAP in the middle of the Barksdale event, and would have been ineligible to attend. In fact, an exisiting roster shows that he did not attend. Finally, Barry Seal was not a member of the CAP, and did not attend Barksdale; It was his brother Benjamin who was pictured boarding the plane for Barksdale.

Just because someone makes a poorly-reserached claim in a book doesn't make it true.