The Education Forum

Did Oswald Smash his Rifle After the Shooting?

Congratulations! You've just demonstrated why a 162 grain 6.5 mm FMJ Carcano bullet should have travelled through JFK's skull without tumbling or breaking up.

P.S. Might I refer you to Mythbusters Episode #34, in which a .223, a .30-06 and a .50 calibre rifle are fired into a swimming pool? In each case, the bullet went no more than a foot or two and disintegrated into miniscule pieces.

Now, tell me everything you don't know about rifles and bullets, Davey. Remember, Mommy giving you a BB gun doesn't count here.

Edited by Robert Prudhomme

Congratulations! You've just demonstrated why a 162 grain 6.5 mm Carcano bullet should have travelled through JFK's skull without tumbling or breaking up.

Robert thinks a bullet hitting water is the same as hitting a human skull. Brilliant, Bob.

And Bob will also totally ignore the various tests done with 6.5mm WCC/MC bullets fired into human skulls, with the result always being a mangled and fragmented bullet:

From+John+Lattimer%27s+Book+--+Bullet+Fr

In each case, the bullet [fired into a swimming pool] went no more than a foot or two and disintegrated into miniscule pieces.

Well, you just blew your own theory. Unless you think CE567 and 569 "disintegrated into miniscule pieces".

Try again.

Edited by David Von Pein

What was the reason given on your video for the bullet not tumbling and breaking up in the water tank, Davey?

P.S. Here is a hint. The 6.5mm FMJ bullet was used to hunt elephants in Africa, mostly with head shots.

P.P.S. Tests conducted by some well paid government lackey impress me about as much as you do.