The Education Forum

Raw Color Footage of assassination of Robert Kennedy

Do you think that the photographer was filming during the shooting itself? What is the source of the film?

Paul brings up the point I've always wondered about- why was there no film footage at all during the actual shooting?

Some quick observations- I believe that was Kennedy brother-in-law Stephen Smith who was the first speaker to urge the crowd to disperse. The woman at his side was probably RFK's sister Jean, although she looked a bit different and certainly seemed amazingly calm under the circumstances.

I was struck by the fact that the pantry seemed less crowded and not as loud as I assumed it must have been, considering what was going on. There wasn't quite the sense of pandemonium I expected.

Thanks for sharing, Doug.

I am unable to answer your questions, Paul, because this was posted on my Facebook page by someone I do not know. After I viewed it, I thought it appropriate to post here in the forum. It has the same quality of horror and chaos that occurred with JFK's assassination.

Since posting the above I have received clarification from a reliable and knowledgeable source that "The footage was shot (by) Jim Watt of KNBC-TV, the NBC affiliate in Los Angeles."