The Education Forum

Jack Ruby speaking directly to Chief Justice Warren

Joseph McBride writing on Facebook today: As Jack Ruby testified before the Warren Commission in June 1964, speaking directly to Chief Justice Warren, “a whole new form of government is going to take over our country. . . . t is a very serious situation. I guess it is too late to stop it, isn’t it?” Ruby was way ahead of the rest of us in his understanding. It's happened. It happened in 1963. It's only degenerated further since then. Most Americans know something was wrong about the assassination case but they don't want to face the fact of what Ruby knew about our government. Today we see how dysfunctional Congress is. Congress was removed from the line of succession by Bush on 9/1101, and Obama has renewed the Orwellian-named "Continuity of Government" plan that includes that provision, which helps account for Congress's impotence and recklessly unconstitutional behavior.

Jack Ruby is an interesting guy. He was an emotional guy. If he liked you, he'd do anything for you. If he didn't like you, he'd likely punch you in the nose. His dancers apparently were loyal to him, and he treated them well.

Ruby's Warren Commission testimony reflects an excitable mind. He wanders around in a rambling monologue at times, makes astounding statements, tells Warren he can't tell the truth unless Warren gets him to Washington, D.C., and finally when he believes Warren isn't going to spring him from the Dallas jail gives an unbelievable reason for killing Oswald.

I can't understand what's behind his statements about a takeover of the U.S. Government. If he knew the plotters and their motive for killing JFK, he couldn't have been allowed to live as long as he did in jail.

Today I lean toward believing Ruby was persuaded, not coerced, to kill Oswald. He apparently told Dorothy Kilgallen something she found amazing. I doubt what he told her was that Santos Trafficante called in a chit on him. Maybe he told her something imaginative, something that both thought would get into print and make a good story.

Edited by Jon G. Tidd

I'd hesitate to call it a right wing coup, rather a course correction. IMO the US was already heading that way and JFK and his team, friends and brothers, were standing in the way bu demonstrating a willingness to do their own course correction. A fatal inewvitability. RFK was more realsitic in teaming up with MLK and Reuther and through them connecting with the opressed but still had the flaw of trusting that the systems problems were not systemic and could be rectified.