The Education Forum

A new TV show in Chicago is beginning. I live in Florida, so I probably won't get it. Billy Jensen, apparently the host, contacted me through Facebook. He wanted to do a show about Karyn Kupcinet, also a Chicagoan. She was killed on Nov. 28, 1963 but no one knows for sure how or why. Billy interviewed me over the phone about her. For those who don't know, Karyn was the daughter of pioneering TV host, Irv Kupcinet. She was an actress and died in West Hollywood at age 22. Her father wanted to know about Jack Ruby, the Chicago angle. He called a mobster right after Ruby shot Oswald. Some people believe, myself included, that she was murdered to shut up Irv Kupcinet, who was also a columnist with the Chicago Sun-Times. This was also mentioned in a book called "Hit List" about the people who mysteriously died after Kennedy's assassination. People who knew something. The book was written by Richard Belzer and David Wayne. The interview was over the phone, not taped or anything. It occurred on October 11, 2015.

Kathy C

post-5645-0-70811500-1448156448.jpg

Andrew Prine never hurt a fly, except he was a womanizer and owns up to it. The Kupcinet family believed it was her downstairs neighbor, David Lange, now deceased. He came home drunk on the night she was killed about 12:30. This fit with the timing of the crime according to police. He also admitted he had been up to her apartment the day after Thanksgiving. He said the door was unlocked but he didn't go in. The police could find no proof of his having been in the apartment. They did find 2 sets of prints they couldn't identify.

Kathy C