The Education Forum

PM for Robert Prudhomme re. Necktie Nick

Sandy Larsen

Bob,

Can you explain to me what Tom's point is about the necktie nick?

I thought we all saw the nick, last winter, on Ashton's thread. The nick on the knot. I thought we talked about it. It was reportedly on the anatomical right side. (Or was it left side... I forget.)

Now Tom talks like it's not there. Or that it could be one of many places, but we can't tell because of the high contrast photo of the tie. Or something like that.

What happened? Was there a discussion somewhere and it was decided that there wasn't really a nick on the tie after all? If so, somehow I missed it.

I hope this message gets through. (It didn't.)

While we were discussing the nick on the neck tie on Ashton Grey's thread last year, I believe we saw one of the slickest hustles in my recent memory perpetrated on us regarding the nick on the tie, and I'm still not certain who actually pulled it off. It all had to do with the little icons on JFK's tie, and the end result was many of us came away believing the nick was toward the back of the tie, and not on the left side. It's not very fresh in my mind, as I've been working on so many other things but. if someone was to re-start discussion about the "slits" and the nick in the tie, I'm sure it will all come back to me.

Thanks Bob.

I do recall the icon thing, where there was an extra row of icons along the top of the tie knot that were perfectly aligned with the others on the knot. But some believed that that extra row was actually from the layer of knotting behind the top layer, in a sloppily tied knot. And just sheer coincidence that all the icons were perfectly aligned.

I'm pretty sure that isn't what Tom is talking about.

Anyway thanks for answering. It tells me that I probably wasn't left out of the loop on something important. If what Tom is talking about is important, it's bound to come up again some time in the future

Thanks Bob.

I do recall the icon thing, where there was an extra row of icons along the top of the tie knot that were perfectly aligned with the others on the knot. But some believed that that extra row was actually from the layer of knotting behind the top layer, in a sloppily tied knot. And just sheer coincidence that all the icons were perfectly aligned.

Anyway thanks for answering. It tells me that I probably wasn't left out of the loop on something important. If what Tom is talking about is important, it's bound to come up again some time in the future

I often wish the discussion would wander back to the tie and the "slits" in the collar. I have this nagging feeling that there is some unfinished business here, and I'm literally itching to get at it again.

Good winter project?

Thanks Bob.

I often wish the discussion would wander back to the tie and the "slits" in the collar. I have this nagging feeling that there is some unfinished business here, and I'm literally itching to get at it again.

Good winter project?

Absolutely!