The Education Forum

Toronto Film Review: ‘Chappaquiddick’

Douglas Caddy

Yes, this is what retired NYPD Detective Rothstein told me.

I shall add this: About 30 years ago, my NYC stockbroker, Richard Stoyeck, told me that he had recently attended the Forest Hills Tennis Match that attracts celebrities from around the world and as he rounded a corner of the structure where it was being held he suddenly came face to face with Senator Ted Kennedy who was walking alone towards him. He said that Kennedy's face turned totally white with shock, apparently thinking that he was about to meet his end in the same way that his brother, Robert, had. The moment ended with each passing the other without greeting.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:54 AM, Joe Bauer said:

Is this a "made for TV" production?

Because if it is supposed to be distributed into the movie theater venue it will end up in "Parkland" bombsville.

No people younger than us Baby Boomers care about stories like this anymore.

From the review this film seems to have that same "demean the Kennedy image " feel and agenda to it.

It will be interesting to read what your friend Rothstein has to say about the incident verses the film script.

Joe: 

Sean Stone, Oliver Stone's son, interviewed Detective Rothstein this week. Although their subject is not on target with what is under discussion here, the interview does provide an insight into the work of a police detective whose assignments were almost exclusively highly significant cases. For Rothstein, the criminal world is the real world whether it be what really happened to Ted Kennedy at Chappaquiddick or an intelligence agency using children to compromise sexually important persons, such as a Senator who at one time was a serious contender for being elected president or more than one U.S. Secretary of Defense.

Unmasking Son of Sam with Jim Rothstein

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYBslVTJhbg