The Education Forum

Third Decade Conference Fredonia 1991

Guest Bart Kamp

I've found a picture, from when it was auctioned in 2008 (THE PUGLIESE POP CULTURE COLLECTION)

Ruby Note

ANS "Jack" in pencil, 1p, 4" by 6". Undated but probably late 1966. Important and rare letter given to a Deputy Sheriff in the Dallas jail.

In full, "I appreciate your well wishes for me. However I know the spot I'm in. That I'm being used as a political scapegoat. You will find out this to be true at a later date. Thanks for everything. Jack. P.S. They will claim that I had a motive in doing away with Oswald."

My mistake, this is actually the letter given to Maddox:

Ruby Maddox Letter

Numerous folds as this was most probably folded by Ruby and put in the palm of the Deputy Sheriff's hand. Accompanied by a 1986 ALS of Ann Higdon in which she writes, in part, "My father was a Deputy Sheriff...and became acquainted with Jack Ruby through the carrying out of his routine duties with the Jail. The almost daily contact served to create a friendly communication between my father & Ruby as time went on...My father (died) last January and I wasn't even aware that we still had anything from dad's 'Jack Ruby' collection....

" In full, you've known me a long time, and have known the way I've struggled to make my clubs go. Also Lynn has known me up to the time I've gotten into trouble, as a matter of fact, he and Johnnie Kvank and myself have been out to dinner many times. I'm sure they know the kind of person I am. Well this all adds up to what I'm going to tell you now. That I'm being framed for the assassination that my motive was to silence Oswald. I know you will think I'm crazy, but keep this note for a latter date, and you will then know what I'm saying here. Keep your eyes open and maybe you will notice some things."