The Education Forum

How Lee Harvey Oswald might have been TOLD to return to US  

2 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Douglas,

No offense, but this isn't much of an article. John Newman's speculation that LHO was told to return by a U.S. intelligence is plausible, but virtually everyone here is sure that LHO's "defection" to the USSR in 1959 was phony. Was it part of a mole hunt, as Newman believes? Probably. Was it more than that? Maybe.

But we all agree that, whatever the purpose, LHO was directed by a U.S. intelligence service. 

This article is so poorly written that it asserts that LHO returned from the USSR in 1961. (Wrong.)

This article also implies that LHO's time in New Orleans was "shortly" after he returned. (Wrong again.)

This article quotes Joan Mellen as saying that LHO went to work for Guy Bannister at 544 Camp "when Oswald first arrive(d) in New Orleans". Either she was misquoted or she doesn't know her chronology very well - there is no evidence that as soon as he arrived in New Orleans in early May of 1963, LHO went to work for Bannister. That was two months later. 

Maybe this article will encourage newbies to the case to read John Newman, but it is not going to enlighten many readers at this forum.

On a completely different note, Douglas, did you ever meet Dorothy Hunt?

I recently read her son's biography of her ("Dorothy: An Amoral and Dangerous Woman"), and I suspect she may have played a tangential (but critical) role in Dallas. I have not been able to contact her son, St. John, about some hints dropped in the book. I don't think he knows anything concrete, and she may have had nothing to do with Dallas, but there are some things that scream for clarification.

Do you (or anyone here) have any idea how to get in touch with St. John Hunt?

https://www.amazon.com/Dorothy-Amoral-Dangerous-Woman-Watergates-ebook/dp/B015VN46XW

Douglas,

I now see on the McCord thread that you were indeed good friends with not only Howard, but also Dorothy Hunt. (I apologize for not seeing that earlier.)

Obviously however much (or little)  the Hunts told you about Dallas was a deadly serious threat to "Military Intelligence or the CIA", sufficient to justify your murder, in their eyes.

So, did the Hunt's ever hint to you that Dorothy might have played some role, no matter how peripheral, in Dallas? Did you ever suspect that she might have actually traveled to Dallas in November of 1963 for any reason? 

Richard Helms, for whom she worked (apparently very closely and competently), later wrote in an infamous memo that Dorothy Hunt was "an amoral and dangerous woman."  

Her son wrote that she had a fearsome reputation as an extremely effective operative for the agency.

In your eyes, is there a chance that Dorothy Hunt undertook any kind of role in the events of Dallas, 1963?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

21 hours ago, Paul Jolliffe said:

Douglas,

No offense, but this isn't much of an article. John Newman's speculation that LHO was told to return by a U.S. intelligence is plausible, but virtually everyone here is sure that LHO's "defection" to the USSR in 1959 was phony. Was it part of a mole hunt, as Newman believes? Probably. Was it more than that? Maybe.

But we all agree that, whatever the purpose, LHO was directed by a U.S. intelligence service. 

This article is so poorly written that it asserts that LHO returned from the USSR in 1961. (Wrong.)

This article also implies that LHO's time in New Orleans was "shortly" after he returned. (Wrong again.)

This article quotes Joan Mellen as saying that LHO went to work for Guy Bannister at 544 Camp "when Oswald first arrive(d) in New Orleans". Either she was misquoted or she doesn't know her chronology very well - there is no evidence that as soon as he arrived in New Orleans in early May of 1963, LHO went to work for Bannister. That was two months later. 

Maybe this article will encourage newbies to the case to read John Newman, but it is not going to enlighten many readers at this forum.

On a completely different note, Douglas, did you ever meet Dorothy Hunt?

I recently read her son's biography of her ("Dorothy: An Amoral and Dangerous Woman"), and I suspect she may have played a tangential (but critical) role in Dallas. I have not been able to contact her son, St. John, about some hints dropped in the book. I don't think he knows anything concrete, and she may have had nothing to do with Dallas, but there are some things that scream for clarification.

Do you (or anyone here) have any idea how to get in touch with St. John Hunt?

https://www.amazon.com/Dorothy-Amoral-Dangerous-Woman-Watergates-ebook/dp/B015VN46XW

Paul:

Yes, I knew Dorothy. You can contact St. John on Facebook, which is where he posted his recent message about the death of his first love, which I posted in this forum recently. That is the only way I know to reach him.

I doubt that he knows anything about Dorothy/ Dallas 1963. I have never heard her name linked to the Big Event before. St. John would have been about ten years old in 1963. 

I regularly post articles on the forum that are relevant to the topic to varying degree. It is up to the reader to determine their worth. Had I not posted this article, you might not have reached out to me about Dorothy. So there are always ways merely posting an article leads to something else that merits attention.

Doug