The Education Forum

TSBD names and addresses

Is there a second page to this, or a draft some where ?

I saved this in a file a few weeks ago but somehow I lost track of where I got it.... There were a number of things about this doc I wanted to check (e.g. perhaps incomplete/when was it made up / LHO on top of the list, Linnie May is mentioned i.s.o Frazier, etcccc)

I have so many links in my file... it's probably right in my face but I don't see it...

Edited by Jean Paul Ceulemans

• Guest changed the title to TSBD names and addresses
1 hour ago, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

Is there a second page to this, or a draft some where ?

I saved this in a file a few weeks ago but somehow I lost track of where I got it.... There were a number of things about this doc I wanted to check (e.g. perhaps incomplete/when was it made up / LHO on top of the list, Linnie May is mentioned i.s.o Frazier, etcccc)

I have so many links in my file... it's probably right in my face but I don't see it...

tsbd.jpg

Jean Paul.

You'll notice that this report was signed by Roy Westphal and Preston Parks of the Special Service Bureau.

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh19/pdf/WH19_Batchelor_Ex_5002.pdf

(page 4 of Batchelor's Exhibit# 5002.

The middle column of this Report bothered me for a long time, until I realized that INT didn't stand for Interview. It stood for whether that person was in DPD's Intelligence File. You'll notice that three of the names have a case file number.

Roy Westphal addressed this in his interview for Larry Sneed's book, No More Silence.

No More Silence

https://books.google.com/books?id=7uT-47ysB5MC&pg=PA326&lpg=PA326&dq=Dallas+%22+Roy+Westphal%22&source=bl&ots=eii6yRhLo8&sig=nr0C2_dukxaBfdcQiFnDLg3ugKM&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjt-9Xpi8nRAhVpwFQKHZBBDX0Q6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q=Dallas%20%22%20Roy%20Westphal%22&f=false

Says that it is his understanding the Hosty was trying to recruit Oswald as an informant because he had been to Russia. Says it didn't pan out.

He had gone home and realized that he hadn't written his Report on the man at the Trade Mart wanting to wave a “Free Cuba” sign and was denied that opportunity. He picked up Preston Parks and returned to the “office which was in a little building at Fair Park”. “As I was writing the Report, the Captain called and wanted to check the School Book Depository employee list with our files. We had handwritten, partial lists; some of them you couldn't read the names. But we did find one, a member of the American GI Forum. The Captain then instructed me to bring the entire file down to his office.”

He recognized Joe Molina and helped serve a search warrant on him, but does not say anything about Harvey Lee Oswald and the 605 Elsbeth St. address.

V. J. Brian (also of the Special Service Bureau) addresses this list in his WC testimony.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/brian.htm

Mr. BRIAN. He told him, short and very quick, that they knew that Oswald was a Communist and that he was in the Book Depository, and he said, "Write a report and get it back to me right now." And he went right back and wrote a report. I forgot about the whole incident, I didn't think it would be important and I didn't--well, in fact, I didn't have time to because when I got back there they had a list of names they were going to start checking out and they handed me six of them and says, "Start going and checking here and here and here and checking these people." So I never did dwell on it again.”

Westphal told Sneed that, “Of course we didn't identify any of our informants to them (the FBI). We kept that secret because we didn't want them swiping them from us because the Feds had more money than us since our budget was very, very limited and they could pay their informants.”

Did Harvey Lee Oswald at 605 Elsbeth come out of these DPD files?

Steve Thomas

Steve,

thank you very much, very interesting !

Now I remember why I saved that doc., I was trying to figure out "who was doing what" the 22nd and I couln't place that one

While I'm at it 😃 any idea who's notes these are ?

They were in a file with mostly documents on the Marion Kay James case.

But some papers are not related, like this note below ( the lot is https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth190225/m1/ )

The envelope says Moore, but there are doc's from Baker etc, bit of a mix

Edited by Jean Paul Ceulemans