The Education Forum

Who put JFK on the autopsy table at 8:00pm?

Was he naked?

Was his head wrapped with a couple of towels?

Was his body wrapped in a sheet?

Was it James Jenkins or Paul O'Connor again?

I can only find one man & his name was James E.Metzler.

Enquiring minds wanna know.

Edited by Michael Crane

• Michael Crane changed the title to Who put JFK on the autopsy table at 8:00pm?
2 hours ago, Michael Crane said:

Was he naked?

Was his head wrapped with a couple of towels?

Was his body wrapped in a sheet?

Was it James Jenkins or Paul O'Connor again?

I can only find one man & his name was James E.Metzler.

Enquiring minds wanna know.

Michael, thanks.  Dunno if these might be helpful.

Gainesville man recalls JFK autopsy (ocala.com)

Paul O'Conner -Specifically:

"The casket he was put in in Dallas was not the same one he came to Bethesda in," he said. "And I understand from talking with people at the emergency room in Dallas that he was not placed in a body bag. When he got to us he was in a body bag."

When Kennedy's body arrived on O'Connor's table, it was in a body bag. Unzipped, the bag revealed a gruesome sight.

"I looked at it and said, 'My Lord in heaven.' It looked like a bomb went off inside his head," he said. "My primary role was to get the body in and log it in, which I did, and then I was going to remove the brain. But there was no brain. Most of it was blown out."

And:

ARRIVAL AT BETHESDA (whokilledjfk.net)

Sibert and O'Neill:

" . . .This author estimates that Sibert and O'Neill, along with Greer and the ambulance, arrived at the morgue entrance just prior to 7:17 PM. Sibert told the ARRB that he and O'Neill assisted Greer and Kellerman in taking the ornamental bronze casket into the anteroom of the morgue at about 7:17 PM [15, p. 45; p. 50]. In their interview with Specter, both agents said that "preparations for the autopsy" occurred at approximately 7:17 PM [12, p. 2]. . ."

And:

The Kennedy Casket Conspiracy – The Future of Freedom Foundation (fff.org)

Dennis David - specifically:

" . . . What did the casket look like? David stated that it was a simple, gray shipping casket similar to the ones commonly used in the Vietnam War. . . "

And:

ARRB MD 64 - O'Connor-Purdy HSCA Interview (8/29/77) (maryferrell.org)

Paul O'Connor - again - specifically:

. . . . O'Connor said the casket was a pink shipping casket and it arrived at approximately at eight o'clock.  He said the body was wrapped in a body bag, and the head was wrapped in a sheet . . . "

Thank you kindly Ron.I certainly appreciate it.

I always enjoy increasing my knowledge.

I was under the impression that what O'Connor was describing was the 6:35 pm arrival & placing on the autopsy table & not the 8:00 pm placing on the table.

IMHO...I don't believe that O'Connor was present at the 8:00 placing on the autopsy table.

Edited by Michael Crane