The Education Forum

DON VON PEIN'S CHART-TOPPING 'HIT' TUNES

Pardon the 'pun' there David. After all this is a clip from your own KLIF aircheck with its two 'hit' songs which were played just as JFK was murdered.

Just in case the aircheck is not quite clear enough, I took snippets from both records and added them to the beginning of the aircheck which is just as David Von Pein originally put on line.

What I want you to hear very clearly are the lyrics to these two songs.

Gordon McLendon who owned KLIF, had a rather strange sense of humor along with his immediate pals Clint Murchison and Robert F. Thompson and of course David Atlee Phillips who used the "Old Scotchman" as his mentor for the pirate radio overthrow of the government of Guatemala.

If the man with the walkie-talkie who raised his arm, while his pal raised his umbrella, just as the shots were fired at JFK, then it is interesting that the description of the alleged killer should go out almost immediately over the "50 thousand watts of power, KLIF".

But that is what happened and then, these two records were played back-to-back and separated by a commercial.

Now listen to this!

My comments are not about David Von Pein as a person. I have never met him and I know very little about him. As I previously stated, he may be a very quiet, kind, generous individual as a human being. I am very appreciative of the fact that he has gathered together a huge library of material in one place which I can access, consult and use. My criticism is restricted to his own use of that same material in support his own view that the Warren Report is correct in its conclusions. In view of all of the material now available from other sources such as Mary Ferrell, the conclusions of David Von Pein are difficult to fathom, unless the idea is factored in that he has an underlying reason for promoting such a cultish and close-minded dogma.

26 minutes ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

My comments are not about David Von Pein as a person. I have never met him and I know very little about him. As I previously stated, he may be a very quiet, kind, generous individual as a human being. I am very appreciative of the fact that he has gathered together a huge library of material in one place which I can access, consult and use. My criticism is restricted to his own use of that same material in support his own view that the Warren Report is correct in its conclusions. In view of all of the material now available from other sources such as Mary Ferrell, the conclusions of David Von Pein are difficult to fathom, unless the idea is factored in that he has an underlying reason for promoting such a cultish and close-minded dogma.

Ok, assuming you are right.  My questions are did they have any other radio stations and if so what was played at that time?

I am listening to these lyrics spun courtesy of David Von Pein:

You know that once upon a time
I didn't need you so
It would have been so easy then
For me to turn and go
But now there's no leaving you
I know that for a fact
I'm at the point of no return
And for me there'll be no turning back

I told myself you'd always be
A habit I could break
But now a day without your kiss
Would be so hard to take
You just can't get off a train
That's moving down the track

Once I could have said goodbye but that was at the start
Now I think I'd rather die than be the one to say, we'll part

Maybe you will break my heart
Or maybe you'll be true
No matter what the future brings
I've got to see it through
Maybe your love for me is nothing but an act

Yeah, for me there'll be no turning back

.... what a sick tune to play the moment that JFK was dying after having the rear of his head blown off and spattered all over his wife.

But that is the Gene McDaniels record that KLIF played and David Von Plein wants us to keep on enjoying.

🤐

10 hours ago, Mervyn Hagger said:
... what a sick tune to play the moment that JFK was dying after having the rear of his head blown off and spattered all over his wife.

But that is the Gene McDaniels record that KLIF played and David Von Plein [sic] wants us to keep on enjoying.

That 1962 song ("Point Of No Return" by Gene McDaniels, which first cracked the Top 40 on September 1, 1962, when it climbed to #36 on the Billboard "Hot 100" chart) just happened to be the next record queued up on the turntable for disc jockey Rex Jones to play on radio station KLIF in Dallas in the minutes just after the assassination occurred and prior to the time KLIF cut off all regular programming. There was nothing even remotely sinister or "sick" about it at all.

But once an outer-fringe conspiracy theorist's imagination starts working overtime, there's no limit to the amount of "sinister and sick" things he can dream up out of pure whole cloth. And that's just exactly what Mervyn Hagger's imagination has been doing lately—working overtime—with respect to his absurd allegations against Gordon McLendon and KLIF Radio.

Edited by David Von Pein

15 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

That 1962 song ("Point Of No Return") just happened to be the next record queued up on the turntable for disc jockey Rex Jones to play on radio station KLIF in Dallas in the minutes just after the assassination occurred and prior to the time KLIF cut off all regular programming. There was nothing even remotely sinister or "sick" about it at all.

But once an outer-fringe conspiracy theorist's imagination starts working overtime, there's no limit to the amount of "sinister and sick" things he can dream up out of pure whole cloth. And that's just exactly what Mervyn Hagger's imagination has been doing lately—working overtime—with respect to his absurd allegations against Gordon McLendon and KLIF Radio.

The trouble is you don't know what you are writing about, do you? You seem to think that KLIF was a news station and not an entertainment station presenting information as entertainment. Have you ever watched McLendon's movies? Do you know anything at all about his involvement with make-believe sports radio; or Radio Free Europe, or radio in Ireland or in the Baltic Sea?

You don't know anything about the man who is at the center of Jack Ruby's murder of Lee Harvey Oswald, yet you pretend to know everything.

I do acknowledge the fact that you have assembled a number of audio and video clips which have been of use to me, but all you did was collect the various recordings and make them accessible. But as for generating anything new and of value, well you seem to have nothing to say.

Do you?

As for imagination, well I deal in facts in evidence and you seem to deal in a cult-link blind allegiance to mythology.

Out of curiosity, when (year) did first go to Dallas and investigate anything for yourself?

Visiting that 6th floor museum does not count.

Edited by Mervyn Hagger

You're right when you say I know virtually nothing about Mr. Gordon McLendon. But I really don't need to know anything at all about him to know with 100% certainty that your theory is just plain bunk concerning KLIF playing certain songs on Nov. 22 because those songs contained some kind of hidden messages or cryptic lyrics concerning the President's death. That's just plain crazy, and all reasonable and sensible people know it's crazy.

Let me guess....

You, Mervyn, also probably believe that the television announcer at the Hotel Texas in Fort Worth on the morning of 11/22/63 had advanced knowledge that President Kennedy was going to be killed later that day when he started telling the viewing audience all about President McKinley's 1901 assassination (at 17:03 in this video).

Do you think that chatter about McKinley's assassination is suspicious or sinister in some way, Mervyn? If not, you'd better put your imagination into overdrive and catch up, because a lot of other conspiracy fantasists are already aboard that sinking ship, including the CTers who created this awful documentary.

EDIT / ADDENDUM (8/20/23)....

The fact that you, Mervyn, seem to actually believe that KLIF Radio in Dallas was part of some kind of "psyops" operation on 11/22/63---complete with Tommy Roe and Gene McDaniels playing unwitting parts in your fantasy via their Top 40 hits---is quite possibly one of the most ridiculous theories I've ever heard any conspiracy fantasist come up with since I first got interested in the JFK murder case in 1981.

Congratulations on the achievement.

Edited by David Von Pein

20 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

You're right when you say I know virtually nothing about Mr. Gordon McLendon. But I really don't need to know anything at all about him to know with 100% certainty that your theory is just plain bunk concerning KLIF playing certain songs on Nov. 22 because those songs contained some kind of hidden messages or cryptic lyrics concerning the President's death. That's just plain crazy, and all reasonable and sensible people know it's crazy.

Let me guess....

You, Mervyn, also probably believe that the announcer at the Hotel Texas in Fort Worth on the morning of 11/22/63 had advanced knowledge that JFK was going to be killed later that day when he started telling the viewing audience all about President McKinley's 1901 assassination (at 17:03 in this video).

Do you think that chatter about McKinley's assassination is suspicious or sinister in some way, Mervyn? If not, you'd better put your imagination into overdrive and catch up, because a lot of other conspiracy fantasists are already aboard that sinking ship.

I love it David, I have really rattled your cage. You the man who praised to heaven the high standard of KLIF news reporting which set it aside from 'other' stations.

So, do we gather from your response that you have never personally investigated anything at all to do with the murder of JFK on November 22, 1963?

Are you claiming to have merely spent a lot of time collecting the audio and video works of other people?

Have you EVER been to Dallas, or rather the addresses of relevance in the Fort Worth and Dallas Metroplex?

You admit to knowing NOTHING about Gordon McLendon, and yet Gordon McLendon is at the center of the investigation into the murder of Lee Harvey Oswald by Jack Ruby, and you see to have a total disinterest in his links to the CIA and international geopolitics via psywars.

Instead you play the Steve Martin card and invent a silly point number two.

I told you not to do that David, but I guess you don't listen to anything that conflicts with your own cult beliefs.

😁

Oh, that's all.

Well, maybe not.

Here are the lyrics to the Tommy Roe Assassination Song ...

Everybody, Everybody, Everybody's had a broken heart now
Everybody, Everybody, Everybody's had the blues

Everybody, Everybody, Everybody's blue when they're lonesome

One time or other everybody listen to me
You lose somebody you love
That's no reason for you to break down and cry

I said a hey Everybody, Everybody, Everybody's had a lonely moment

One time or other everybody listen to me
You lose somebody you love
That's no reason for you to break down and cry

I said a hey Everybody, Everybody, Everybody's had a broken heart now

Everybody, Everybody, Everybody's blue when they're lonesome

Everybody, Everybody, Everybody's had a broken heart now

Yes, that is what the DJ played to accompany the bullets whizzing into JFK's head.

Kinda sick, don't-cha think?

🤔
Edited by Mervyn Hagger