The Education Forum

Teacher Exchange, international visits and TIPD

International Visits

As a teacher in a school with international status I was fortunate enough to go on an educational trip to America . The trip had a joint focus of ICT and SEN . The experience was both exhilarating and informative, providing insight into alternative policy and practice . While in Atlanta I met many interesting teachers whose hospitality I would like to have returned. The school at which I teach welcomes international visitors and I would always consider hosting visits from international members.Has anyone any views on this or had any experiences of short stay visits?

• 4 months later...

Dear Anne,

I am head of information centre on children rights education from Belarus-Vladimir Kalinin. I have HRE classes at gymnasium and we are UNESCO ASP school. We never had experiences how to work together with colleagues abroad, so if you have some interest to country in transition from communism to capitalism you are welcome! Let us start our cooperation.

Have a nice weekend,

Vladimir

• 2 weeks later...

Vladimir

Our school has been involved in a series of international visits all over the world covering a range of studies. The exchange of ideas has proved extremely rewarding . I would be very interested to hear more about your particular role in education.