The Education Forum

Castro and the Warren Commission

William Attwood interviewed Fidel Castro in 1976. His account of this meeting appeared in The Twilight Struggle: Tales of the Cold War (1987):

By 1963 he (Kennedy) had learned a great deal. He would have become a great president." (Castro recalled my exploratory talks at the U.N. and felt Kennedy was killed by certain elements, including Cuban exiles, who feared U.S. policy in Cuba and Vietnam was about to change. He mentioned Lee Harvey Oswald's vain attempt to get a Cuban tourist visa as a possible provocation aimed at pinning the murder on Castro ("Was it even Oswald who applied?") and suggested I read the material Cuba turned over to the Warren Commission.

Were the materials sent by Castro to the Warren Commission ever published?

William Attwood interviewed Fidel Castro in 1976. His account of this meeting appeared in The Twilight Struggle: Tales of the Cold War (1987):

[Castro] suggested I read the material Cuba turned over to the Warren Commission.[/color]

Were the materials sent by Castro to the Warren Commission ever published?

[/quote]

I hope I don't have my dates scrambled, but I think the HSCA interviewed Castro in 1976. Perhaps Castro was referring to his interview with the HSCA?