The Education Forum

Chemtrails - fact or fiction?

Evan Burton

I've started this thread so we don't hijack the original levee thread.

In that thread, Jack raised the issue of 'chemtrails'.

Now, as I said in the other thread, I want to make something clear: it's basically impossible to prove that 'chemtrails' do not exist. That is because:

1. There are aircraft capable of making them;

2. There have been instances of their use; and

3. Each sighting has to be individually checked in order for it to be dismissed as a 'chemtrail'.

This inability is probably why it is a favourite of conspiracy theorists.

That being said, IMO most - if not all - reports of 'chemtrails' are in actual fact contrails, the visible condensation left behind aircraft. Some are produced by standard propellor-driven aircraft (reciprocating and turbo-prop) and some are produced by the exhaust of jet turbine aircraft.

Under very common atmospheric conditions, contrails are seen around the world every day. That's no surprise because most of us are ignorant of the huge network of airways that exist above our heads.

Jack raised the issue of an article claiming that "Air Traffic Controllers concerned over chemtrails".

That article cannot be used as any serious basis for the existance of 'chemtrails' for several reasons:

- It was pointed out (in a link I provided in the previous thread) that the article contained many flaws / misquotes about the formation and persistance of contrails;

- It said that " First confirmed by Airport Authority Terry Stewart at the Victoria International Airport on Dec. 8, 2000 as a 'joint Canada-U.S. military operation' and stridently denied by senior officers at Canadian Forces Base (where Stewart later told the Vancouver Courier he had received his information) - these multi-plane missions were verified in March, 2001 by the Air Traffic Control (ATC) manager for the northeastern seaboard of the United States." What it did NOT mention was that Terry Stewart was the Environmental Manager of the airport, not an ATCO. It did NOT mention that Mr Stewart was responding to a call about the increase of air traffic in the area. What it did NOT mention was that Mr Steward rang the Tower Controller for his information, not the military authorities. It did say that he was told the increased air activity was due to a military exercise. It inaccurately reported that the authorities denied any exercise; the exercise was published and NOTAMs warned of it. The military authorities freely admitted the exercise (please note also: exercise, not operation. There is a distinct difference in military terms).

- It referred to: " ... three taped interviews with this reporter and veteran radio journalist S.T. Brendt, our 'Deep Sky' source said that he had been ordered to divert incoming commercial flights away from USAF tankers spraying s substance that showed up on ATC radars as a 'haze'." yet later the same source said "...were being ordered to route airliners beneath formations of Air Force tanker planes spraying something that regularly clouds their screens." Which was it? Under or away?

- A 'source' who claims to be an ATCO seems to be the only one talking about this strange deviation of procedure; no other ATCO has come forward to verify the claim.

- If aircraft are being deviated from a standard air route, they'd ask why. It might be for traffic avoidance, weather avoidance (which would normally be taken by the aircraft's initiation, not ATC, as the aircraft radar is designed to see weather whereas the ATC is designed to see through it), or it might be for sequencing (the 'flow' of traffic). If such a large number of deviations were occuring, it would be questioned. If it happened, there would be evidence: radar tapes and ATCO voice tapes. These are kept and accessible in case of accidents, incidents, or claims of ATCO / aircrew dispute.

The article is nothing more than ill-informed and inaccurate speculation, written by an author who had (surprise!) written a book about 'chemtrails'.

If you want to see what a pilot thinks about 'chemtrails', read this:

http://www.pufoin.com/pufoin_perspective/chemtrails.php

Edited by Evan Burton

Guest Stephen Turner

Evan, Jack This is all new to me, what do the originators of the reports claim that the chemtrails are for? social control? civic murder of large ammounts of the population? Trialing of new chemical compounds? sounds a bit james bond to me, but I am aware that Governments have run trials on unsuspecting civilian pops before, A bomb effects on servicemen, flouridation of water supplies, venerial disease given to the black occupants of a US town, Even so I will need a lot of convinsing on this one... Steve.

Evan, Jack This is all new to me, what do the originators of the reports claim that the chemtrails are for? social control? civic murder of large ammounts of the population? Trialing of new chemical compounds? sounds a bit james bond to me, but I am aware that Governments have run trials on unsuspecting civilian pops before, A bomb effects on servicemen, flouridation of water supplies, venerial disease given to the black occupants of a US town, Even so I will need a lot of convinsing on this one... Steve.

The claims seem to vary; some say it is some type of biological weapon; some say it is a weather control device which is having adverse effects on the population. I don't know.

Do a google search for "chemtrails" and have a read of the claims for yourself.

Steve...years ago atomic scientist Edwin Teller foresaw the advent of

global warming, and told Washington (he had their ears) that the govt

should find a way of providing AN UMBRELLA to shade the earth from

excessive sunlight. One result of this was the present WORLDWIDE program

of CHEMTRAILS, which spread out to form cirrus clouds, screening out

much sunlight. This is all documented. Google CHEMTRAILS, WEATHER

MODIFICATION, TELLER UMBRELLA, etc.

Jack :up

Steve...years ago atomic scientist Edwin Teller foresaw the advent of

global warming, and told Washington (he had their ears) that the govt

should find a way of providing AN UMBRELLA to shade the earth from

excessive sunlight. One result of this was the present WORLDWIDE program

of CHEMTRAILS, which spread out to form cirrus clouds, screening out

much sunlight. This is all documented. Google CHEMTRAILS, WEATHER

MODIFICATION, TELLER UMBRELLA, etc.

Jack :up

If that were true Jack then why are there areas of the country and vast areas of the world that don't have persistent contrails? And why do those areas exactly correspond with areas that don't have high altitude jet traffic? It's all more likely to be a conspiracist's pipe dream.