The Education Forum

John A. Zeppo - Anyone heard of him?

Using Net Detective, to search for persons named Zeppo in the U.S., I found only one in Texas.

I also found only one in Florida.

Both are named John A. Zeppo. Year of birth listed as 1934.

I am continuing to search all the states. The family name of Zeppo seems to be scarce in the States.

This may be a waste of time, but, if noone can provide any background on this gentleman, I am going to try to contact him and ask if he flew with GHW Bush on 11/22/63.

I would really like to find a photo of him from the 60's as well.

Chuck

Chuck,

I can't offer anything on John Zeppo himself but I can tell you that his wife was the sister of John LaCoke. LaCoke ran a grocery store on Leonard Street in Dallas.

LaCoke was very close friends with fellow grocery heavyweight Carlo Campisi whose sons were the infamous Joe and Sam Campisi.

When Carlo Campisi's wife died in 1958, one of the pallbearers was Lawrence Miller; the same Miller who was arrested just before the assassination with Donnell Whitter while in possession of the U.S. Army weapons stolen from the National Guard armory in Terrell.

FWIW.

James

Edited by James Richards

Chuck,

I can't offer anything on John Zeppo himself but I can tell you that his wife was the sister of John LaCoke. LaCoke ran a grocery store on Leonard Street in Dallas.

LaCoke was very close friends with fellow grocery heavyweight Carlo Campisi whose sons were the infamous Joe and Sam Campisi.

When Carlo Campisi's wife died in 1958, one of the pallbearers was Lawrence Miller; the same Miller who was arrested just before the assassination with Donnell Whitter while in possession of the U.S. Army weapons stolen from the National Guard armory in Terrell.

FWIW.

James

Thank you, James.

By any chance do you know if Mr. Zeppo was a Texas native?

If not, did he have family in PA?

Chuck,

FWIW.

James

Thank you, James.

Sorry, Chuck. I don't have the answers to your questions.

James

Chuck,

FWIW.

James

Thank you, James.

James

Alrighty then, fair enough. Thanks again for your input.

I'll make a point of adding to this thread if I am able to find out which Mr. Zeppo had owned and provided the Plane that Barbara Bush says flew the Bushes into Dallas.

Chuck,

FWIW.

James

Thank you, James.

James

I'll make a point of adding to this thread if I am able to find out which Mr. Zeppo had owned and provided the Plane that Barbara Bush says flew the Bushes into Dallas.

I have checked the social security death index and found John Zeppo to have had his SS number issued in PA. He passed in 2003.

I found only 9 listings for the whole US.

There were two other PA listings. They are for an ALBERT and MINNIE ZEPPO. Albert died in Jan. of 1964.

Minnie died in 1984.

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but, isn't there a John and Minnie Smith in the Nara records? I have read other researchers comments regarding the last name of Smith possibly being phony.

The only other state that has multiple Zeppo listings is Illinois, the same state Ruby is from, and there are four. They all listed death residences in Chicago.

Maybe just another round of coincidences?

Who knows? I sure don't.

Chuck

I never did much ZEPPO research,however I did find a number of ZEPPO's had lived in or near CHICAGO,and assumed they were MOB. THANKS sg

Interesting.

GHW Bush was flown into Dallas, on a plane supposedly owned by a Mr. Zeppo, on 11/22/63.

This is one more possible Chicago-Dallas connection to the murder of JFK.

Does anyone know how to go about finding out who owned the plane that Bush, as a passenger, flew into Dallas?

If I knew the procedure for obtaining this information I would be able to make the inquiry.

Chuck

• 1 year later...

Chuck,

FWIW.

James

Thank you, James.

James

I finally found a Zeppo who might have been in the right place, at the right time and with access to a corporate jet.

Now if I could only muster the nerve to phone him and ask him if he had flown G. H. W. Bush into Dallas on 11/22/63.

He is working in at least two very wealthy insurance corporations. One worth hundreds of millions and the other worth billions of dollars.

Len (Leonard) Zeppo

8 Greenway Plaza Suite 400

Houston, TX 77046

USA

Phone: (713) 961-1300

Fax: (713) 961-0285