The Education Forum

Query concerning the motorcade.

Guest John Gillespie
The story of the man who, before the motorcade had reached Dealey Plaza, broke through the cordon and ran alongside the Limo warning JFK of what was going to happen before being hauled away.

Was that a fabrication or is there evidence that this occured?

Mark,

Could you provide a link or two to this as story, allegation or rumor?

Thanks,

John Gillespie

The story of the man who, before the motorcade had reached Dealey Plaza, broke through the cordon and ran alongside the Limo warning JFK of what was going to happen before being hauled away.

Was that a fabrication or is there evidence that this occured?

Mark,

Could you provide a link or two to this as story, allegation or rumor?

Thanks,

John Gillespie

John,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Been busy over the weekend. In regard to this story, I think I saw it mentioned in one of the TV docos I've seen over the years. I also believe I read about it on one of the JFK sites I've visited over the years.

Unfortunately I don't remember where. It's an obscure little story and doesn't get a mention in most JFK sites. I'll keep searching and if I find it mentioned anywhere, I'll post the link. Judging by the lack of reponse from the Forum, it's probably just a fabrication.

In regard to this story, I think I saw it mentioned in one of the TV docos I've seen over the years. I also believe I read about it on one of the JFK sites I've visited over the years. Unfortunately I don't remember where. It's an obscure little story and doesn't get a mention in most JFK sites. I'll keep searching and if I find it mentioned anywhere, I'll post the link. Judging by the lack of reponse from the Forum, it's probably just a fabrication.

I've heard the story over the years that someone ran out into traffic on Turtle Creek, waving frantically and attempting to warn the president. Unfortunately, I can't search for the story on this forum as I have a midnight flight to Cozumel. But I seem to remember the issue being discussed in conjunction with the story of an SS agent having been killed that day.

post-3567-1141613811_thumb.jpg

Tim

In regard to this story, I think I saw it mentioned in one of the TV docos I've seen over the years. I also believe I read about it on one of the JFK sites I've visited over the years. Unfortunately I don't remember where. It's an obscure little story and doesn't get a mention in most JFK sites. I'll keep searching and if I find it mentioned anywhere, I'll post the link. Judging by the lack of reponse from the Forum, it's probably just a fabrication.

I've heard the story over the years that someone ran out into traffic on Turtle Creek, waving frantically and attempting to warn the president. Unfortunately, I can't search for the story on this forum as I have a midnight flight to Cozumel. But I seem to remember the issue being discussed in conjunction with the story of an SS agent having been killed that day.

post-3567-1141613811_thumb.jpg

Tim

Tim and Lee,

Thanks for the info. I think it was that Salandria article where I read about it. Could the man who (reportedly) jumped out at the limo on Harwood Street with a warning to JFK be the same Mr. Robertson, missing presumed dead SS Agent?

The dead SS Agent story just won't go away. It's interesting that the official denial from Asst. Treasury Secretary Wallace only refers to the assassination scene, not other areas of downtown Dallas.

Edited by Mark Stapleton

Guest John Gillespie

[

Tim and Lee,

Thanks for the info. I think it was that Salandria article where I read about it. Could the man who (reportedly) jumped out at the limo on Harwood Street with a warning to JFK be the same Mr. Robertson, missing presumed dead SS Agent?

The dead SS Agent story just won't go away. It's interesting that the official denial from Asst. Treasury Secretary Wallace only refers to the assassination scene, not other areas of downtown Dallas.

Mark,

Thanks for responding and I hope your flight(s) went well. Now, this is some kind of fascinating story! I have but a couple of questions, primarily: 1.) Can I get a link to the Salandria article and 2.) does anyone know of a follow-up article or articles to this AP piece?

The article appears to be one of time and place from the style of writing, notably the "white man" reference. It also has the appearance of a hasty dispatch, like a bulletin or situation representation put out on a hard deadline. If it was a fabrication it was nicely done.

We do know there was an unknown number of "suspects" pulled in for the JFK murder, so perhaps one can assume similar arrests were made regarding the Tippitt slaying. But, damn, I don't care to assume and I know you don't, either.

One lead to develop would be the identity of that AP Desk writer. That shouldn't be an impossible task. Wish we all had the time, eh?

Thanks,

JG

Mark,

You may have also read it in Vince Salandria's work.

http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/03/VP/0034-VP.TXT

- lee

Oops. Mea Culpa. Thanks. My multi-tasking skills failed me. I shall read with great interest. Now, let's find that AP guy....

Edited by John Gillespie

Guest John Gillespie

Well, hope I can make up for not seeing that link in Lee Forman's message:

According to Palamara - in this link: http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~klark/newsmen.html (specifically, item #6) - this very same AP wire story was read on the ABC-TV affiliate WFAA as underlined, below:

6.) Dead agent "story"?: Eddie Barker of KRLD-TV said, "The word is that the President was killed, one of his agents is dead, and Governor Conally was wounded". from Washington: " A Secret Service agent apparently was shot by one of the assassin's bullets". Bill Lord: " did confirm the death of the Secret Service agent...one of the Secret service agents was killed...Secret Service usually walk beside the car ". again, from Washington: "One of the Secret Service agents traveling with the President was killed today" . Associated Press Wire (read over the air): " A Secret Service agent and a Dallas policeman were shot and killed...some distance from where the president was shot".

So, perhaps this was not a fabrication...

Regards,

JG

Edited by John Gillespie

My reply failed. 2nd attempt.

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/10/1018-001.gif

That's John Elrod.

JC Price, Jean Hill and Ed Hoffman's accounts seemed to indicate that a man ran off along the tracks. Possibly even James Worrell's story.

I had heard a story of an SS man that was stationed on an overpass - not the triple, and that he was gunned down by one of the shooters fleeing the scene. I poked around and decided maybe there was some truth to it - and maybe it was the railroad overpass, since the cops stationed there [names forgotten at the moment] said they saw nothing. I took a look, but in 2005, it's essentially a jungle back there, and someone clearly was living in the location. I took another photo closer to the RR underpass itself, but the roll somehow got exposed, and the last 10 or so photos didn't even come out.

Another item worth mentioning was that one researcher gave me to understand that one of the SS had told about a Winship, or Goodwin - can't remember. Died possibly in the same timeframe. The SS this researcher was speaking with recalled assisting with the pallbearing. It's probably buried here someplace on the forum.

The other item, which I have possibly mentioned before, was that I came across a piece that indicated that SAIC Sorrells had deputized men placed on the knoll. Hearsay, even if I could find the reference again.

Vince Salandria has a new book out, which is available exclusively through the last hurrah bookshop. I have not read it - perhaps he has an update.

- lee

post-675-1141683377_thumb.jpg