The Education Forum

Back then (Dan Smoot)

Dan Smoot rated only a photo in my YROJ 1990s Manuscript/book.

Now here are some ongoing important details from back then.

Dan Smoot onetime FBI agent, and administrative assistant to

J.E. Hoover, continued his former connections with certain persons

within that agency long after his tour with the FBI.

Connections that allowed Smoot to report to RID "Research Intelligence

Department" of The John Birch Society re; activities of the political

opposition {Kennedy Administration} including the "latest personal

exploits" and " movements" of the president. Smoot was well known

by me via several 1960s meetings on behalf of J.B. Society.

Harry

Dan Smoot rated only a photo in my YROJ 1990s Manuscript/book.

Now here are some ongoing important details from back then.

Dan Smoot onetime FBI agent, and administrative assistant to

J.E. Hoover, continued his former connections with certain persons

within that agency long after his tour with the FBI.

Connections that allowed Smoot to report to RID "Research Intelligence

Department" of The John Birch Society re; activities of the political

opposition {Kennedy Administration} including the "latest personal

exploits" and " movements" of the president. Smoot was well known

by me via several 1960s meetings on behalf of J.B. Society.

Harry

The Smoot propaganda on the assassination can be read here - Box 18, Folder 5, Item 10.

http://4.18.92.49/box13.htm

http://www.law.uga.edu/academics/profiles/...k_6milteer.html

In another part of CD 1347, containing the report of the FBI's interview of Milteer on Nov. 27,1963, Milteer is stated to have told the agents that he had been in Dallas earlier in 1963. According to the interview report: "MILTEER stated ... that in June, 1963, he went to Dallas, Texas, to attempt to persuade DAN SMOOT ... to run for vice president on a third party ticket. He stated that he had no other business in Dallas." (It is noteworthy that in this brief interview the FBI agents evidently never asked Milteer about where he was on Nov. 22, 1963. Many other persons interviewed by the FBI were asked this question.)

- lee

(IMO: In Gaeton Fonzis 'Last Investigation', he describes some of the hsca investigation days.

A time came when he could say that the various teams assigned to investigate various 'usual suspects' had all established good reasons to think their particular area was the one. (Except in the final analysis, the Mob, which was somehow promoted as the main area for further research, turns out to be the least likely, (in the final report that is stated, yet it ends up giving a contrary impression).)

Last investigation is well written, full of facts and sadly too much good writing. It's an ad for Fonzis pet theory, the anti castro cubans. However, it conveys this impression of anti castro culprits by actually using a 'picture' that is filled by the CIA and with various political, MIC individuals in the wings.

Within the book are some tantalising loose threads. Such as chapter7. The impression is that these blank areas are filled. But what are they filled by? :: Smoke!

When one looks at these patches of smoke one can see a pattern of apparently unconnected areas that may be glimpses of the room beyond the room of mirrors.

Coming at this from a (dusty, cobwebbed) side door I come across a set of groups that has somehow slipped through the cracks.

Looking at the patchy background presented by the patterns of smoke one can begin to log matches that can identify the inner sanctum. (At this stage I percieve a bunch of good old boys, southern style)

This, I think, is another piece in the puzzle.)

Dan Smoot, ex-assistant to JEH.

Hi Harry, do you know the years of Smoots FBI stint? thanks, John

Thank you Harry.

Do you remember Dan ever mentioning a Zack Van Landringham, also an assistant to Hoover ((in the early 50's), later a chief investigator for the Mississippi Sovereignty Commission.)

John D.

Thank you Harry.

Do you remember Dan ever mentioning a Zack Van Landringham, also an assistant to Hoover ((in the early 50's), later a chief investigator for the Mississippi Sovereignty Commission.)

John D.

John

Again sorry, I do not recall mention by Mr. Smoot of the Van Landringham person.

Harry