The Education Forum

Arrest's and Taken into Custody!

As I re-read Weberman and Canfield's "Coup D'Etat in America" I find on page 61 that "Many other suspects were picked up that day, and records exist on almost all of them. The anti-Kennedy demonstrators outside the Trade Mart were arrested, two men were picked up on false tips; a drunk near the railroad tracks was brought in along with a man carrying a rifle The police also questioned a man inside the Daltex building because he tried to give them a credit card as ID."

My main concern would be the guy carrying the rifle, what do the records show about him if anything? I mean after all the nations President was just killed by means of Gunshot, I would think that a guy carrying a rifle would be splashed all over the front page, how come we did not hear about him that afternoon?

Scott

Scott,

My main concern would be the guy carrying the rifle, what do the records show about him if anything?

This probably refers to the arrest of John Elrod. The DPD tape transcripts carried a report of a man walking along the railroad tracks carrying a rifle, but when he was picked up, Elrod did not have a rifle on him.

You can read his arrest report in Box 3, Folder# 20, Item# 2 here:

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/box3.htm

Steve Thomas